Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Dec 07, 2001 7:17 pm

the 15.5 is kind of slow, normally.
but you shoud try to fly it with shorter lines. I tried it with 20 m lines an I had a blast! It turns so quick, you won´t believe the difference. Unfortunately you need a little more wind, since with longer lines you get more power. Therefore you can fly it in stronger winds. But then you have a really great time and get big airs! Isn´t that why we love this sport?! :smile:

gambit
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby gambit » Fri Dec 07, 2001 9:09 pm

does anyone know if their is a pulley water relaunching system, as on the airblast for my 15.5 arx

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Dec 07, 2001 10:33 pm

Hi,
there are two ways of set ups for relaunching.
Either you attach a fifth line to the bar and attach it to the left and right tube besides the middle tube, where Naish already puts a setup for it. Or you can buy the Power Steering Booster from Naish. This is like the bridle from Wipika for their Airblasts. You can also build it by yourself. But with the Power Steering Booster you make the kite faster than before. I would recommend for better water relaunch the fifth line, it is cheaper. And if you want to make the kite faster, use 20 m lines and you won't believe the difference!

Enjoy
Toby

Return to “Kitesurfing”