Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

(surfactory) bidi

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun May 26, 2002 4:46 am

hey there,

i completed a kitesurfing course last summer. we didn't really do much on the water though since there wasn't enough wind in the last days. . .
now i want to continue learning this awesome sport and buy my own stuff. the kite will be a 8.9 hydro and I want to start off with a twin tip. the new surfactory bidis, i believe their called beefley, are quite affordable and big enough to get started. does anybody have one or has heard anything about them? which other twin tip is good for the beginning and won't be outgrown too fast?

i apreciate your help and hope to cut deep and fly high as soon as possibe, just like y'all do. . .

ps:i got wakeboard experience, if this helps to make a choice which board to choose

thanx

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun May 26, 2002 11:57 am

The Litewave 181 has a very loyal following. People don't get rid of them when they 'progress' to smaller boards. I'd still look for a good used one.

Almost any twin tip board 170+ will give you a lot of smiles. Jus don't get caught in some 'pro-rider', paid hype

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon May 27, 2002 9:26 pm

I don't agree that it is a paid hype.
I switched from directional and bigger TT to a 144 TT board and it is a big difference in riding. You can do so many things with it, smaller turns, easier sliding and switching, less weight which you feel while jumping and doing tricks.
It ain't no hype, it is an improvement!

Why should I get a smaller board when it runs worse than a bigger one?
Doesn't make sense to me and I never heard anyone switching from small to big, did you?

Return to “Kitesurfing”