Forum for kitesurfers
shunter
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby shunter » Thu May 23, 2002 11:36 am

Hi

Are these beasts in production yet i have heard via Ian Young (aus) that there was a problem with the computer software that drives the cutting machine

if they are has anyone used one yet. Are they going to be a light wind crusing machine simular to the mast air 16 or do people think we may be able to jump them?

Tuesday had Head high + hollow swell, cross shore wind and only 8 knots max. man i wanted to get out there. 115 kgs small board need big kite

cheers shane

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu May 23, 2002 12:18 pm

From what I have heard the Warrior should be more stable in the air than the MastAir.
But the Mastair was faster due to its smaller AR. If it will have the same power, I don't know yet. But I guess so.

Toby

www.kite-surf.com
Frequent Poster

Postby www.kite-surf.com » Thu May 23, 2002 1:48 pm

I received my Warrior 16.5, but did not test it yet. The Warrior 16.5 protos had less power than the MastAir 16, but they are much nicer to handle. This is what I prefer for lake kiting. For the ultimate light wind machine, get the MastAir 16.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu May 23, 2002 2:06 pm

did you hear what the difference is between MA 16 and W 16.5? How many knts more do you need for the Warrior? Less lift?

Toby

www.kite-surf.com
Frequent Poster

Postby www.kite-surf.com » Thu May 23, 2002 2:26 pm

I can't comment on the jumping performance of these kites. I would say the difference is 1-2 knots for the Warrior 16 to the MastAir. But it is hard to messure in these low winds and too early to say! My weight is also a problem. I weigh 90kg. Lighter dudes can kite with much less wind than me. I also did not use an appropriate board. Now I have a light wind Twintip (LW 181), but not the chance to test it :sad:

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Thu May 23, 2002 8:27 pm

i know that the mastair 7 is about the same power as the warrior 9.3.

-> flysurfer keeps the mastair line as their high-performance kites.

the warrior has a nicer handling, is harder to drop, doesn't stall that much and launches very very easy!

i think, warrior 20.5 and mastair 16 might be on the same level ... maybe the warrior will start 1 kn earlier.

mike
Frequent Poster

Postby mike » Sat May 25, 2002 9:46 am

Hi,

I've just sent a 16.5 Warrior to one of my customers abroad. I expect to receive some comments in a week or so. I can post them on the group for those interested.

I've been told by the FlySurfer team that this kite works fine for an 80kg rider in 6-15 knots.

Armin from FS also wrote recently "This Warrior has a low wind optimized profile and a little bit more AR than the other Warriors. A Warrior 16.5 pulls like a normal projected 20.5 Warrior."

Best Regards,

Mike Iacovides
FlySurfer.de importer for Cyprus

email: mike.flysurfer@gmx.co.uk
email: mikeiacovides@hotmail.com
++

www.kite-surf.com
Frequent Poster

Postby www.kite-surf.com » Sun May 26, 2002 12:36 pm

Yesterday, I tried the 16.5 for the first time. According to Flysurfer, they changed the 16.5 a bit for the production modell to get more power from it and cut a bit of the stability. It is now comparable to the MastAir 16. They changed the color design, too. It is more white now and the kite looks much lighter due to that.

I had a blast with the Litewave 181 and Bindings yesterday in conditions where North Rhinos (22.X and 16.0) fell out of the sky, because of the gusts. And they state they cut a bit of the Warriors stability for the 16.5 HAHA

I wanted to testfly the X2-12, but decided not to do it, because of the conditions :sad:(
That was the bad part of yesterday.

Anyway, I LOVE my new Warrior 16.5!

Review and pictures asap.

Stoked,
Robin

mike
Frequent Poster

Postby mike » Sun May 26, 2002 12:54 pm

Hi Robin,

in what wind conditions were you flying the WA16.5??

Mike

www.kite-surf.com
Frequent Poster

Postby www.kite-surf.com » Sun May 26, 2002 5:35 pm

Can't tell you. The wind was too gusty offshore on a small lake surrounded by "dirt walls". Sometimes fully powered up and edging like hell (the Litewave 181 edges excellent for its size), sometimes sining the kite like hell. The kite did not fall out of the sky once like the tubes at that lake.

Luckily a boat service picked you up at the other end of the lake.

Love it!

Return to “Kitesurfing”