Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
shew
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

new to the game

Postby shew » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:36 pm

I'm new to the kiteboarding scene ,although I've windsurfed for years.All the postings have inspired me to try my hand at building some .
My boards are two 3/16 plywood laminated with epoxy paint . The rocker and concave was achieved by laying 1"and 2" blocks on a workbench where needed and clamping and screwing the boards together.One board has a layer of fiber glass on the bottom one has the layer on top and one has it in the middle.The others don't have any glass.My footstrap anchors are stainless nuts spot welded to 1/16" stainless and the straps are old backpack clips, the other one is seat belt material. The fins are formed from belt sanding blocks of nylon.
The paint is colour shifting which is really cool.Now I just have to wait for the warm weather to see how they work and hold up.
Attachments
numbered boards.JPG
numbered boards.JPG (173.67 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
DSC01540.JPG
DSC01540.JPG (216.7 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
DSC01522.JPG
DSC01522.JPG (217.52 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

Halomon
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Halomon » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:17 am

Wow shew; you are really into the wood boards eh? yeah, keep em coming and let us know how they work. You make your own t-nuts too! What a trip!! You might think about investing in a plate/pad/strap combo; this way you would have a custom set-up you could use on all your boards; take em off one and put em on another. Cheers!

Return to “Gear Builders”