Finished home made board

Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
Halomon
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Halomon » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:52 am

Nice board navigator!!; keep up the good work; one thing I use on my fin securing procedure is a nylon bushing; it's OD is 1/2 in. and it's ID is 1/4 in. and it fits perfectly the 1/4 in. fin screw; I just drill the 1/2 in. hole through the board and epoxy glue the bushing in [it is slightly longer then the thickness of the board] and when dry grind it down flush to the board; presto, you have a base that will not compress when you screw your fins on. Have used this method on a dozen boards and have had no problems. Often wonder what the production boards use? Keep building and riding.

navigator
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby navigator » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:53 pm

Thanks for the tip Halomon.
Although, this type is cool, I can drill a chanfered hole and insert conical head screws if the board has enough height. That way, the board is smoother with the screw inlayered. But youcan, too, with those nylon inserts, right?
I will post here some pics of the board with fins, made them with friends.
They're made with polyurethane in a silicone mould, dryed with the screws there, so the fins are finished as they dry.

The board feels like a factory built one. Very light, responsive, with rocker to ride confortably and it goes upwind fairly well.

Cheers

Return to “Gear Builders”