Vancouver / Whistler Area

Forum for snow- and landkiters
ant
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ant » Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:35 am

Does anyone kite in the vancouver / whistler area of Canada?

If so do you know of any shops selling kites? I've tried searching google but it hasn't had many results.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:11 am

Hey man,

There are some people that hit alta and a couple of the lakes around the whist....you can also head out back piccolo flute area on a good day...with good conditions (i.e solid snow conditions). As for dealers in the couve i think pacific boarder might have some stuff.... Me and a buddy where actually thinking of starting our on store ... but that won't help you now..... talk to dan sheridan at http://www.kitesurfcanada.com and he can hook you up with some gear at a good price.

Cheers,

Shwern

mmunzer
Frequent Poster

Postby mmunzer » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:22 pm

Hi,

I have a shop in Denmark, but am originally from the Vancouver Area. I am heading home for christmas and would be interested in hooking up with some kiters from the area if possible. Would be especially interested in snowkiting if possible.

Also, if you are looking for any flysurfer products let me know and I can bring stuff along.

Best regards,

Marc
GoExtreme.dk

IRIE
Medium Poster

Postby IRIE » Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:47 pm

SHWERN:
I am also considering opening a kite store & school in Whist/ Van area, I would like to speak with you about possibilities????? Let me know , thanks

IRIE

Marley
Medium Poster

Postby Marley » Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:10 pm

hey just replying that Whistler has epic spots right there. THE ONE to ride is Green Lake first. too windy then drive down to Alta lake. tooo windy then Nita is good. Too windy there then you'd better hide cause houses are blowing down. got 30-40 days snowkiting there last year. Up top can be tricky in the bowls. different winds and takes some brains to ride safe up there. just got from mexico and wondering whistler conditions this year. please reply any one.

IRIE
Medium Poster

Postby IRIE » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:27 pm

Marley: It has been a horribly warm year. If you want to kite on Alta or Green you better wear your drysuit. Nothing is frozen this year & the snow conditions are the worst in 10+ years. The bowls up above the timber line are pretty good though.

Marley
Medium Poster

Postby Marley » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:55 pm

Snowmobile to Pemberton Ice caps. word from local amigos it's dreamy. any direction wind is a go.

Return to “Snow / Land”