Takoon Skopp 8.5

Forum for kitesurfers
PM
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby PM » Wed May 29, 2002 6:10 pm

Recently i bougth a Takoon Skoop 8.5, i and i would like to have some opinions about this kite

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed May 29, 2002 6:40 pm

I only heard positive comments about it.
Great lift and hangtime with very responsive turns. Very stable in the air.
I'm sure you will love it!

Toby

nicolasc
Rare Poster

Postby nicolasc » Wed May 29, 2002 7:35 pm

hello. I ride Takoon kite from 4months (all size) and I'm really happy. I rided last year air blast which I loved but these new kites are incredible. The 8.5 range for me (145*32 and 75Kg) is between 12 and 28knots. The depower system is for me one of the best and you can ride really fast. Compare to an ARX you can ride really faster. For hang time you are higher but the most important thing is you fly longer time than other kites. I love it. Finally I also love it for the bars and the good quality settings. You have all quick release you want (for chicken loop and harness line the only one). Enjoy and have fun with it no problem

PM
Rare Poster

Postby PM » Wed May 29, 2002 10:57 pm

Two questions: have you removed the bridles? Are you flying with a set of 28 mts?

nicolasc
Rare Poster

Postby nicolasc » Thu May 30, 2002 7:19 am

HELLO. Concerning the bridles, I removed them for the 5;6.5 and 8.5 but I keep them for the 10.5 and 12.5. Like this in light wind I can oscillate the wind more easily. You should try with bridle to find your preference. One of my friend keep bridles for every kite. If you should to try it, do it minimum 3session days to have a real point of view because at the beginning you will be disapointed as Toby wrote but when you are usual it's a good feeling. concerning length lines I keep the 28m for all surfaces except the 6.5 and the 5m. For these kite I ride with 31m to have the same flight duration from one window edge to the other (it's important for all transitions). Good wind

flesjj
Rare Poster

Postby flesjj » Thu May 30, 2002 1:20 pm

How does the depowersystem work ? I need a better depowersystem for my airblasts because I keep renewing the depowersystem which gets slippery all the time. I need , riding with the bridles, a long depowersystem and not a short strap as on the naish kites.

Return to “Kitesurfing”