Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

MORE depower in my C kite

Forum for kitesurfers
Essaouira
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Essaouira » Wed May 23, 2007 2:27 pm

I have a North bar 2007 4 lines, I've added the 5th line yesterday, but I cannot try it becaus there's no wind.
The north 07 bar comes with a long depower, but I don't know if it will action on the kite given me more depower than with the original Matrix bar.

Wetstuff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Assateague National Seashore, Maryland
Gear: Ozone WASP wind wing
Naish 8-0 Directional
Sand kart
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Wetstuff » Wed May 23, 2007 5:34 pm

Essa: Sorry I was away from the computer. The video shows - I think - the 5th attached to the harness. Mine was run thru the hole in the bar ..down to a pulley (block) connected to the kite side of chicken loop ...and then the lines runs back up to the bar where I had a cleat. With the cleat I could adjust line tension.

I also started to make a bridle like you guys on one of the eary 2-line Whippys but ..got distracted. It seemed the 2-line kite was a real powerhouse but could really use a decent bridle.

ji m

Gigi;)
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Gigi;) » Thu May 24, 2007 12:13 pm

Click!
Essaouira wrote:Wetstuff do you mean the same system of the matrix 06??? like on this movie???? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qtsIoa94U I tried it on the same model than the movie, it works, I have just put the 5th line on the 05 model I'll try this week end how does it work :thumb:

Essaouira
Rare Poster

Postby Essaouira » Thu May 24, 2007 3:22 pm

YEAH this is exactly what i tought but I've in mind a little modification:
The 5th line will be connected to the harnes with a pulley, so as you push your bar this one pull the 5th line givin you more depower, tihs system will not be avaible for unhooking but I think that its the cheapest manner to get depower on the kite.

KiteSurfingKen
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby KiteSurfingKen » Thu May 24, 2007 4:15 pm

I setup a bar with the Active 5th line pulley as you describe for my 16M BFK.
I did not like it because if you release the bar, the kite returns to full power (quickly), You have to keep pushing the bar away to maintain your depower.

I also found the setup was complex, meaning more things to go wrong, get tangled, etc.

With the swept wingtips, I think you would have more success adding the SLE style bridle to the kite than using this style bar.

Good Luck,
Ken
Last edited by KiteSurfingKen on Thu May 24, 2007 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Essaouira
Rare Poster

Postby Essaouira » Thu May 24, 2007 4:22 pm

KiteSurfingKen wrote: if you release the bar, the kite returns to full power (quickly), You have to keep pushing the bar away to maintain your depower.
:idea:
I think that the SLE bar will not work because the kite will not be stable and it will keeping power in gusty conditions, so maybe another solution will be better. :?:

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Fri May 25, 2007 3:18 am

Don't tie any kite rigging to the harness, please.
Maybe try tying the pulley to the chicken loop not the harness.
Basically a copy of the RRD system.
Not ideal but safer and it works.
I ride that way, it's ok but takes getting used to.
If the hole in the bar is too small, clamp a fairlead on and run all the lines through it. Search old posts "dynamic depower" and "trimmable 5th" by me and others.
Or simplest, just mount a cleat where the pulley is and trim the 5th manually, no pulley. Needs more attention while kiting but less tangles when you crash.
Attachments
try this.JPG
try this.JPG (30.8 KiB) Viewed 1538 times

Gigi;)
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Gigi;) » Fri May 25, 2007 10:48 am

yes, that's it. :)

I would also advise to attach the pulley on QR, to have cleaner setup.

:bye:
Essaouira wrote:YEAH this is exactly what i tought but I've in mind a little modification:
The 5th line will be connected to the harnes with a pulley, so as you push your bar this one pull the 5th line givin you more depower, tihs system will not be avaible for unhooking but I think that its the cheapest manner to get depower on the kite.

Essaouira
Rare Poster

Postby Essaouira » Fri May 25, 2007 11:05 am

BWD wrote:Don't tie any kite rigging to the harness, please..
Be sure that I'll never do it :thumb:

Essaouira
Rare Poster

Postby Essaouira » Fri May 25, 2007 11:09 am

Gigi;) wrote:I would also advise to attach the pulley on QR, to have cleaner setup.
your are right the setup will be ceaner, it's the same system that BWD mentioned.

But the problem is that the 5th line will be pulling always the bar to full power like kitesurfngKen said :cry:

I must look for anothe setup :idea:

Return to “Kitesurfing”