Forum for kitesurfers
dougdstecklein
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

best seat harness money can buy?

Postby dougdstecklein » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:16 pm

Everyone talks about waist harnesses, but I need to know which seat harness people think is the best. I have heard alot about the mystic warrior but isn't that a waist harness? Right now I ride on a cabrina seat harness about 2 years old. Comfortable, but after a couple hours of riding the leg straps start to feel like sandpaper digging into my crotch.

twins
Rare Poster

Postby twins » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:03 pm

The warrior is available both as waist harness and as waist/seat. Definitely one of the best. I use it myself, very comfortable, SPreader down sysem is simple and clever.

Other good choice is the nitrous or the dakine fusion.

I prefer the warrior waist seat, as it is not a classic seat harness. It offers back support, and allows me to contrast the pull from the kite with all my body weight. Besides if you want more freedo of movement you can still wear it as waist harness, or leave it a bit loose at the waist.

dougdstecklein
Medium Poster

Postby dougdstecklein » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:20 pm

what about the mystic force sheild. Has anyone tried it? Is it as good as the mystic warrior waist/seat harness?

NeverTouchGround
Medium Poster

Postby NeverTouchGround » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:27 pm

I'll go with the Nitrous. Very comfy, well made and looks good. Only one objection about the back support but I'm a thin guy (65 kg) so this isn't a real problem for me. But I'd consider it for hevier riders.

alpower
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alpower » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:19 pm

I recently swithced from the Fusion to the Warrior waist/seat. The Warrior is much better, more freedom of movement and my back and abs are far less tired after a day on the water. I generally ride with the leg straps loose since I have had no trouble with the harness riding up and am considering just cutting the seat portion off.

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:44 pm

I second the Dakine Nitrous , mine on the pics is 2 years old but very little has changed / improved since then ....

bokie
Rare Poster

Postby bokie » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:09 am

I just switched from the Tabu waist harness to the Nitrous board shorts.
I really like these boardshorts! My only complaint is
that the sizes seem to run a little big. If you do go for the Nitrous,
make sure you try them out on the water first to get the right fitting size.

voodoospirit
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: alps lakes, alps mountain snowkites

Postby voodoospirit » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:32 am

i have the mystic force shield for snowkite and kitesurf, it rocks, looks great.
the straps system prevents the spreader to go up(kinda useful with a venom²) and the legs straps r very comfortable as well ( don t hesitate to strap them )
i have back problems , it covers a large portion of the low end of the back and i m fine with this seat harness. saves my ribs too :), it has a handle in the back too in case ( not sure if all the mystic harnesses have it)
and more important it doesn t break myyyy precccioouuuussssss

downside: can t be put fast like a waist one. less freedom in mouvements (mainly for no foots and assimilated), as any seat, it s not very fashion looking stylish pro-rider waist harness :p

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:43 am

I support the nitrous shorts, very comfortable, and nice. It will last a year or a year and a half if you use it a lot.

If you have a bad back then also consider for instance the Naish pro seat harness. It is high, and provides a lot more support for the lowerback.

It also has the new spreader barr hook that cannot scciendtally release when riding toeside....

Alex

kitesurf66
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitesurf66 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:28 am

The harnesses listed so far are pretty good. Pro-limits, Mystic, Dakine and LF make good harnesses, but there is one that is being overlooked. The Ocean Rodeo Sessions is a darn fine harness. It is a seat harness or a waist harness. Check it out http://oceanrodeo.com/harness.php. I don't have one, but wish I did. I tried one on, and it felt really nice. The only thing I don't like about the harness is its price :-D

K66

Return to “Kitesurfing”