Kitesurfing in Holland

Forum for kitesurfers
Seahawk
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kitesurfing in Holland

Postby Seahawk » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:07 am

I am going to be spending some time in Holland soon. I will be in Middleburg. Can anyone give me any tips on what the beaches, wind etc are like there throughout the year? Any help would be appreciated

Cheers [/b]

jnoel
Rare Poster

nl spots

Postby jnoel » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:22 am

http://www.kitehigh.nl//arloc.php

Nl is great!!

enjoy it the dutch chicks and beaches!

cheers jan

hamilton83
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby hamilton83 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:18 pm

Also, check out hanglos.nl

They'll tell you what's near you and how the wind is:) Great flat water spots all over, and ocean spots all up and down the north sea.

Windguru is pretty accurate for their wind conditions. I spent most of my time between the Hague and Amsterdam, so can't tell you the best spots for Middleburg.

Have fun:D

Liz

xray
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
Style: Freeride/wave
Gear: Pivot 5-8

Postby xray » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:39 pm

From Middelburg you have several good spots. Vrouwenpolder for one, Brouwersdam a little bit further with Ouddorp as another good place. All have plenty of space and great downwinders can be made!

davince
Medium Poster

Postby davince » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:08 pm

Zeeland is a fantastic area for kiting. Beautiful, spacious, all wind directions work well. I love it. I guess Vrouwenpolder, Neeltje Jans and Brouwersdam will be where you kite. The "inside" sea is forbidden to kite. Some area are tolerated I believe. Not sure. The coast offers so much anyway.

Have a good time.

Goldmember
Rare Poster

Postby Goldmember » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:05 pm

Zeeland is indeed fantastic. Wind during summer can be sketchy, but if your are staying a while, autumn is usually good.
If it is waves you are after, best spot is Wijk aan Zee (on the coast, similar lattitue to Amsterdam). Kitehigh.nl and Hanglos.nl are the best Dutch sites.

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:45 pm

Goldmember wrote:Zeeland is indeed fantastic. Wind during summer can be sketchy, but if your are staying a while, autumn is usually good.
If it is waves you are after, best spot is Wijk aan Zee (on the coast, similar lattitue to Amsterdam). Kitehigh.nl and Hanglos.nl are the best Dutch sites.
Sorry to say, but someone must be out of his mind to drive all the way to Wijk aan Zee for water conditions when he is in Middelburg/Zeeland.

@Seahawk
I live 20km from Middelburg. When you're around drop me an PM and I will give you all the info, and more, for kitesurfing in Zeeland.

Return to “Kitesurfing”