Forum for kitesurfers
Lourocks
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pics of your Strapless Board ?

Postby Lourocks » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:43 pm

I wanna begin Real freestyle strapless But i don't know what to use ! I ve a 6'6 shortboard but i think it s a little too big to do freestyle trick unstrap ! I am thinking of buy the 5"4 NSp ! What do you guys use ? :bye:

Lourocks
Frequent Poster

Postby Lourocks » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:51 pm

:bye:

decay
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Muizenburg, Cape Town
Favorite Beaches: Ruakaka River Mouth
Style: ALL
Gear: Stuff I design
Brand Affiliation: Lacuna CTO

Postby decay » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:31 am

http://www.decaykiteboards.co.nz/products/hybrid.html

Recent review:
Hi there,

I received my new DECAY SCIMITAR board the other day and had 5 sessions on it in
different conditions. I was looking for a lightwind board being 85+kg 180cm, and could
not be bothered to buy a forth-and-back board like a door. I have no directional
experience so far apart from snowboarding.

Dave from Decay recommended the Scimitar 160x47 which I ordered. The board is
supposed to work in light wind, onshore conditions, and can be used strapless-finless as a
skim.

Light wind, flattish water: in "occasional white cap" conditions I used to go upwind just
about with V19, 30m lines, flx32. It required working the shit out of the kite and would be
schlogg-schlogg-schlogg kiting. Not very exciting. I mounted the Scimitar and V13 on
27m lines. Half a stroke, and I was up and planing. The board starts gliding very fast and
builds good speed straight away. It goes upwind in a ridiculous angle. Neither of my other
boards flx32 nor Mako150, powered, go upwind in such an angle. Instead of schlogging
along, I did two tacks and was 400m upwind of the point I started. Then I enjoyed myself
carving downwind at speed. Really easy turning, and in lulls the board goes on forever
until the next downstroke gets you going. Even in that light wind I managed to go toeside
upwind and with ease. Fun fun fun. I tried the VII16 on 30m lines, same condition. Now I
was nicely powered, could do small 3-4m jumps and carve the heck out of this board.
Very nice session, I enjoyed myself a lot.

Breeze steady 15-20kn, chop, shorebreak waist to shoulder high: Normally I would rig
VII16, I now chose the V13 on 20m lines. God's own skatepark. The board allows for quick
and easy turning, chop hop is easy as the board accelerates so fast, you come out of a
turn, half a downstroke and off over the ramp. A quick tack to make some hight, and down
again in the skatepark to fool around. Mocked up jumps no problem because it floats so
well and does not sink. I was howling with joy.

Breeze 15kn, gusts of 25+, with lulls of 10, and chop / hip to shoulder shorebreak: I
chose the V13 on 27m lines. The gusts are easy to handle with V13 and this board, no
problem at all to hold the edge, very much like on flx32. lulls also easy, sine the kite a bit
and go more downwind and shoot upwind when the air comes back. the rest was fun in
the chop and waves, playing around.

I have not had yet the opportunity to go in higher waves with this board, nor have I tried it
finless. Strapless yes, Easy and stable ride, but I ride strapped for the while being as I am a
noob on directionals and am somehow developing the feeling for this kind of board. From
what I see, there is no problem with head high and a bit more, that is my current limit
anyway. Carving is precise in small and big radius, the board holds an amazing rail, turns
really quick if you want it to, makes lightwind a new experience. I am very very happy with
it, will most probably use it most of the time if it's not blowing hard, and look forward to
some higher waves.

As a result, I will sell my V19 and flx32 as I don't need them anymore. I stay with the
Scimitar and the Mako150, and V16, V13, Bomba10.5, short and long lines, that's all I
need to be a happy camper. Should that new PL light wind kite arrive one day, it's too late.
I've got my light wind sorted, at a price that is a good 30% lower than a new kite :-)

Thanks Dave, good job, nice to deal with you, fast delivery, awesome board.

cheers, tungsten

Cheers,

DK

Lourocks
Frequent Poster

Postby Lourocks » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:32 pm

Who else ?

Frank Rosin
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave & hydrofoil
Gear: Moses hydrofoils, Ozone kites, Dynabar sliding hook + a lot of other gear for fun and testing, e.g. Levitaz, Zeeko, AXIS, HB ....
Brand Affiliation: www.famousfrank.com

Postby Frank Rosin » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:52 pm

You want pics, here are the boards I am using for strapless riding:

Underground Surfboard 5'8" and the new Underground Skim-Surfboard 5'8" and Underground Skimboard.
I like them all, depends on the conditions.

Feel free to contact me direct when you have any questions.

Best regards,
Frank
http://www.famousfrank.com

Lourocks
Frequent Poster

Postby Lourocks » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:19 pm

The one with the pad look just great but Expensive !!!

Frank Rosin
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave & hydrofoil
Gear: Moses hydrofoils, Ozone kites, Dynabar sliding hook + a lot of other gear for fun and testing, e.g. Levitaz, Zeeko, AXIS, HB ....
Brand Affiliation: www.famousfrank.com

Postby Frank Rosin » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:26 pm

More pics of that new Underground Skim-Surfboard here:

And here in action (strapped):

The board has very little center volume but the same fat/round rails like the classic Underground Surfboard.
The rails have a strong WOODcore and the bottom of the board is made of PBT-plastic which is very scratch resistant.

With the deckpad and the tailkick-pad it is very nice for unstrapped and strapped riding.

Frank
http://www.famousfrank.com

kito16
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Marina di Grosseto
Style: Race

Postby kito16 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:28 pm

Kiteloose Soul!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Frankieboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Frankieboy » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:24 pm

Lourocks wrote:The one with the pad look just great but Expensive !!!
yes but is seems cheaper on the pricelist

Return to “Kitesurfing”