*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:33 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:01 am
Posts: 742
Location: Pacific Palisades
eurotrash wrote:
better to stick with simple shapes and colors


I can discern red and pink pretty well. I also am smart enough to realize that the colors of a watermelon very much parallel the enviro movement -- green on the outside, red on the inside.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:38 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:01 am
Posts: 742
Location: Pacific Palisades
Another Toby wrote:
The chinese "per capita" figures are misleading, because (as stated right at the top of this thread) they are polluting to build cheap crap for US. It's our pollution, just "outsourced" to China, with it's near slave wages and lax environmental regulations.


Yep, all America's fault. The rallying cry of the America hater...Don't forget that we give billions of our taxpayer dollars to international welfare, billions through Christian charities, export free medicines, teach the world how to feed themselves, and protect and liberate oppressed people throughout the world...Your types would rather us be another third world, ruled by a dictator, with mass starvation and the socialist result of massive wealth unequality.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:39 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:26 am
Posts: 532
Location: Abu Dhabi
Rainbow is my favourite colour.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:46 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:37 am
Posts: 1051
Location: France
Another Toby wrote:
It's our pollution, just "outsourced" to China, with it's near slave wages and lax environmental regulations.


As far I understand, China does not lack "environmental regulations".

But those "environmental regulations" applies mostly to factories owned by foreigners.
Chinese factories owners have other ways to handle the "environmental regulations" or actually any kind of regulations.

This "way" can be called "direct local taxes" but is best known in other countries as "local officals bribery".

To say it franckly, the central gouvernement in Beijing seems to have more and more difficulties to handle the local authorities.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:48 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:37 am
Posts: 1051
Location: France
Scribbler wrote:
Rainbow is my favourite colour.


Rainbow is gay, do you use Bow kites :lol:


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:55 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:08 am
Posts: 353
Location: Oz
Mulholland wrote:
Yep, all America's fault. The rallying cry of the America hater...Don't forget that we give billions of our taxpayer dollars to international welfare, billions through Christian charities, export free medicines, teach the world how to feed themselves, and protect and liberate oppressed people throughout the world...Your types would rather us be another third world, ruled by a dictator, with mass starvation and the socialist result of massive wealth unequality.


By "US" I meant us, you know, folks with a PC, enough money and spare time to enjoy kiteboarding (though I'm still not convinced that you kite). Not the USofA, though there is a lot I hate about the USA, now you mention it, mostly America's greed, unawareness of the rest of the planet and foreign policy bordering on the criminally insane.

Of course there's a flip side, almost my entire music and book collection is American, I was there 10 years ago, met a lot of good folks....
It'd be nice if you didn't try to make killing lots of people in the name of your god seem like a good thing to do.
Peace.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:17 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:49 pm
Posts: 338
Location: Ireland, France
1)America is a continent, not a country. 2 continents in fact. Of course I don't blame you, I blame your pathetic and failing education system
2)You give money only to further your political agenda, and use it as a tool to strong arm countries into accepting military bases, regime changes, fundamentalist religious views (e.g. pregnancy termination favourable countries are excluded from receiving aid) etc etc
3)The thousands of dead Iraqis thank you for liberating them. So do the increasing numbers of dying Afghanis. However the thousands that were massacred in Burundi, Kabul, Bosnia etc (where coincidentally there is no oil) wonder what happened to the "liberators".
4)Dictator, massive wealth unequality (sic) - you mean like the USA?

Evey now and then, you really should travel outside the Axis of Good to get something other than the Fox News version of what your country is doing to the world.

wh

Mulholland wrote:

Yep, all America's fault. The rallying cry of the America hater...Don't forget that we give billions of our taxpayer dollars to international welfare, billions through Christian charities, export free medicines, teach the world how to feed themselves, and protect and liberate oppressed people throughout the world...Your types would rather us be another third world, ruled by a dictator, with mass starvation and the socialist result of massive wealth unequality.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:45 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:01 am
Posts: 742
Location: Pacific Palisades
webhiker wrote:
1)America is a continent, not a country. 2 continents in fact. Of course I don't blame you, I blame your pathetic and failing education system

Nobody with a half a brain thinks of "America" as anything other than the United States. There are South Americans, Americans and Canadians -- rather common usage.
Quote:
2)You give money only to further your political agenda, and use it as a tool to strong arm countries into accepting military bases, regime changes, fundamentalist religious views (e.g. pregnancy termination favourable countries are excluded from receiving aid) etc etc

Given America is the freest, wealthiest, most generous country on the planet, furthering our political interests by supporting countries friendly to us, is a good thing. They win, and we win, and the scumbags lose.

Little newsflash for you, communist, a lot of countries don't want your unborn baby murder in their countries, and therefore we shouldn't support the abortion profiteers in those countries.
Quote:
3)The thousands of dead Iraqis thank you for liberating them. So do the increasing numbers of dying Afghanis. However the thousands that were massacred in Burundi, Kabul, Bosnia etc (where coincidentally there is no oil) wonder what happened to the "liberators".

The families of the millions tortured and killed by Saddam, including the Kurds, are very thankful we are there. Of course if France had their way, as they didn't want to lose their oil contracts, Saddam would still be filling mass graves, torturing innocent people, raping women, and starving people to death.

You French would be speaking German, you would be a nazi or dead, if America didn't save your sorry cowardly hides...We fought for peace in WWII (56 million died), and we are fighting for peace now (infinitely less casualties).

The innocent Iraqis and Afghanis have a chance at freedom and peace, but the UN, France, Germany, China, Russia and the American Democrat party keep attempting to sabotage their success, and our success, because the neo-socialists are evil to their core.
Quote:
4)Dictator, massive wealth unequality (sic) - you mean like the USA?

What a fool you prove youself. People fight to get out of dictatorships, not into them. People risk their lives to enter America, including the Vietnamese who we attempted to liberate, Cubans and Mexicans, and even French who suffer under your failing socialistic country. Our poor people look wealthy compared to the rest of the world.


Last edited by Mulholland on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:54 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:53 pm
Posts: 31
Location: Europe - obviously
Mulholland wrote:
Nobody with a half a brain thinks of "America" as anything other than the United States.


well folks, you've gotta admit, if anyone's gonna speak for those with half a brain mulholland would be the most qualified


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:58 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:01 am
Posts: 742
Location: Pacific Palisades
double post


Last edited by Mulholland on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group