Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabarete Kitebeach, part of the problem.

Forum for kitesurfers
eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby eldadgold » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:47 pm

Eric i think it's great that you and other kite school owners help these kids out. because of guys like you they can learn different ways other than fighting and stealing.
you just need to remember that we're not talking about money or how much greedy we have become, we are talking about these kids safety and ours.

bob10
Frequent Poster

Postby bob10 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:29 am

as always kitegrom hhaha. i bet ive already met ya. what kite u riding.

Megabear
Frequent Poster

Postby Megabear » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:41 am

you haters need to realise, that if its crowded in cabarete - its crowded with your friends !

I like kiting with my friends and hanging out at voy voys, lax and son on later in the evening..

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:02 am

since you are into my posting history, you may point out the positives I say about the locals (recently about Ariel) and that Cabarete also has its advantages.
Advertisers or not, you use this site with your promotion for free, not supporting the community...

I also say that it is good that you support the locals and get them from the street and give them chances to have a better life in future.

Brazil also has dangerous locals.

But telling that there are no locals endangering others, is not true. There are dangerous locals everywhere. But on a beach like kitebeach there has to be more security, the maximum possible!

For sure the locals rip and it is great to watch them. Soon I upload a video of them ripping on kitebeach.

I don't play anything against Cabarete, I already got lots of news out about the local competitions and upload more videos.

I may sounds like you want to secure your investments?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:03 am

I agree megabear, nightlife is for sure fun in Cabarete! the places on the beach are nice hangouts and you meet many people.

steveshred
Rare Poster

Postby steveshred » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:58 am

Kailua Beach has kiters doing tricks in the shorebreak, typically Local Haole teens & Euro Tourists. At least Eric is paying the kids to stop. Put yourselves in the heads of the local kids. Kiting's probably all they got for self esteem. It's their turf. If they want to showboat, they're going to do it, and no pasty white tourist is going to tell them what to do. End of story, let's close this thread, like Eric said if you can't handle it don't go there. Big bucks and resort developments are in the works for the DR, eventually they won't need 500 cheap ass kiters for tourism. Aroha, if you know what I mean.

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Rockstar » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:15 am

This Eric H guy is starting to sound like a twit !!

First off he makes a thousand and one posts about his kid winning the PKRA event,just so he can promote his kites. Great use of the Forum ,no? Fee advertising reaching thousands of kiters.

All good so far,but then he rips into Toby,with a personal attack about his "investments" etc.

Give us a break Eric,and an apology to Toby ! (please)

kite4ever
Rare Poster

Postby kite4ever » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:00 pm

:?: just because the kids are extremly poor does it mean they can just do what ever they wanna do :-? wtf is that all about.. that will surelly make them behave..

What about trying to show them how to behave, and still letting them have fun.

I still have fun while being polite, it is possible :bye:

But hey maybe somebody likes it and will by the only kite that can beat Aaron :roll:

I dont know you Erik, but you dont really sound like a responcible role model/father figuer to me :girl: [/quote]

hmmm
Rare Poster

Postby hmmm » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:25 pm

bob10 wrote:as always kitegrom hhaha. i bet ive already met ya. what kite u riding.

Kitegrommet, rides Best Kites ,is a Helicopter Pilot , and pisses off all the windsurfers as he always rides in the windsurf area on Cabarete Reef.

kitegrommet
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitegrommet » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:25 pm

"hmmmmm"

Your very 1st post? Or changed username?

BTW, the reef is anybodies place, launching and landing zones are the only place a "local" authority can restrict.

Rules of the sea and sportmanship apply on the reef. But, dumbass, wrong reef, try Encuentro.

Go make your second stupid post...

Return to “Kitesurfing”