Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

bidirectional board ...

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:48 am

Hello, which board (biderectional) to use with arx 15,5 (kiter weigth =72 Kg)in wind condition around 14-16 Knots ??
You can help me to choice what are the board parameter to be consider :
length, width, thickness, volume ???
thank you for any tips....
bye

Trikke
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Andora, Albenga, Tarifa
Favorite Beaches: Los lances, tarifa
Style: Waves to wakestyle, to g' old big airs!
Gear: '14 RRD 9m + 13,5m Obsession
RRD Poison 134x43, RRD AssoPigliatutto Pro, RRD Waveoff 5'6", RRD Domingo 5'8"x21"
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Trikke » Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:12 pm

A good size for the TT you are looking for could be around 160cm; it is a good size for medium winds. The width could be 38-40cm to have a good plane area.
Rails chapter:the thinner they are the more grip you have when wind get strong,so if you want to use this board even with smaller kites you may choose a wake style board with very thin rails and a bit less volume. However if you hawe a second smaller board you may choose a TT with fatter rails and more volume.
A lot of brands have the kind of board you are looking for so it could not be a problem to find the one that fits you.
A 70kg friend of me usually rides a picklefork 161 with a 11.8m Air Blast from about 10 knots.

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:32 pm

@14knot w/ 72kg and arx 15.5 anything works :wink:

length is not important, neither volume.
you don't need sharp rails, only thin ones!

the width and rockerline decide wether a board starts gliding early or not.
if you have 12L volume in your 1.60 board or if you got 4L in your wakestyle - both wil instantly sink when kitepower's missing ...

boards like the x-shooter (or similar concepts)
work great for this - the flex will increase the rockerline while power increases - so you have an early gliding board with lots of rocker, when needet.

in 14+knots, small wakeboards work as well.
depends on your opinion - wether you need an aditional board (for your directional)
or if you want only one that fits all conditions.

i persanally am riding a 1.34 wakeboard and never want to have anything bigger :wink:

it's so comfortable - it fits everywhere (in my car), no problem to carry arount even in strong winds ...

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:24 pm

thak you, for all response !
I'm thinking drops slash 5'6" (163x 38,5 x 2,9) any comment ??
by

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:36 am

I some respects, I can agree with Murdoc. I use a 147 x 42 wakeboard for low winds, which starts super early due to it's flat rocker.
Although, on the other hand, I believe sharp edges are good, since they help you to create a clean release of water from the edge and help you to hold that edge, like on a snowboard (very subjective opinion of mine!)

Return to “Kitesurfing”