Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Jun 04, 2002 7:01 pm

Who did fly both kites in the same sizes and can tell us about the differences?

What I heard is that a guy using a Toro said it has less lift and has less depower range. And the Toro is easier to restart, because of a deeper profile. It also turns faster.
Can anyone confirm?

thx
Toby

mike
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mike » Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:23 pm

I heard exactly the opposite!

Toro has more lift and depowers better (does not have the residual pull of the Rhino when you depower).

No first hand experience though.

Would be nice to hear from guys who used both kites.

Mike

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:20 pm

Patience.
I will have my Toro12 and 8 next week(they will a.o. replace my Rhino9.3) According to the importer(Interfield, Holland) they only have to pass customs.

Olli of http://www.kitesurfing-kiel.de has allready Toro(s) (said that in the forum)but did not post a review yet.

For now you have to do with:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurf/message/53994.

For more info:
phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1130&forum=1&7

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:30 pm

FYI

Der Olli sagt nichts uber depower aber ohnehin:
http://f23.parsimony.net/forum51792/messages/28575.htm

Damn, I'm from the netherlands and I started writing in german.
So in english:
Olli does not say anything about depower, but here's the link anyway:
http://f23.parsimony.net/forum51792/messages/28575.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sake on 2002-06-04 22:33 ]</font>

mike
Frequent Poster

Postby mike » Sat Jun 08, 2002 11:15 pm

Anybody out there flying the Toro's yet??

Would be nice to hear some first-hand comments on these kites...

Mike

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Sun Jun 16, 2002 11:00 pm

Got my Toro8 last week. Used it twice now and first impressions are that I like it way better then my Rhino9.3. Better control(as fast turning but not as nervous/twitchy) and at least the same lift.

Really got a grin on my face because of the way I liked it. Could be just a perfect day.
First, I need a few more sessions on the water.

Louis Cypher
Medium Poster

Postby Louis Cypher » Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:14 am

at first my riding level: intermediate; trying to land on my feet not on my but when jumping. No problems with upwind in low- and highwindconditions.
Board: liquidforce Rhytm 134
Used Kites: Flysurfer Speedair, ARC's Airblast (2002) and Toro.

I tested Toro (16) in relationship to Airblast 2002 (11.:cool:. I have to say that i tested Toro with less wind than AB.

In my opinion the Toro turns faster than the Airblast but has a little bit less speed. Depower- range of the Toro is less than on AB (who wonders!). Power is built up less aggressiv by Toro and the Toro needs less wind and flying sinus is much much more relaxed than with Airblast (you have allways to work with depower to keep Airblasts power alive in lower wind conditions). Even if the Airblast nearly doesn't know what a stall is Toro seems to be a little more stable in realy gusty conditions.

I orderd the Toro :smile:

Greetzz,

Louis

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:21 am

Ok, guys..here my Impressions after a few testrides

I'love that kite I have tested it in 14,12 and 10 m² in high wind conditions.

My riding level is very good but not
pro-level.

here my impressions on the 12er:

I was able to control the toro 12 in conditions with gust up to 30++ knots
(the other guys were riding 7,5 AR5s, Arx,8 toro, 8 X2..Stutzi was out with a 8,5 Skoop and a few 84er Airblasts )the Airblasts semmed to be a little bit more in control in the extreme gust than me, altrough they had larger boards!!

The depower is good, but you need to edge really hard (you can even keep it powered up in the gusts, just edge really hard)..it is good enough to prevent you from flying away when kite is in the zenit :smile:..
it doesn't depower as much as a Airblast, F-one, Skoop etc..

It jumps pretty high has a good (but not VERY good) hangtime (not as much as a Takoon skoop for example, but still pretty good) it is easy to land soft, the kite offers a really good support in the air and tolerates a few rider misakes without killing you..
Upwind performance if average not the best but OK, better than the Rhinos

It is an allround, freestyle kite....it has a cool feeling on the bar, it is easy to control, learnig new tricks wth it is easy since you can forget about the kite..(waterstart is really easy if you drop it)

if you don't need the last bit of performance and want to have fun on the water go for it..

I think for high jumps you need to ride it overpowered but a friend of mine had a lot of fun with my 12er when I wasn't really powerd up with a 16er Supertype (i was riding a wake he was riding a naish flash pro model direktional)..he was going upwind better that me with the wake and the Supertype

So normally powered it is good beginner/intermediate Kite overpowered it is nice toy for good riders

Now I'm really looking forward for the new rhinos :smile:..

I would have to to have tested the 12 or 10er X2 on that day (but no one likes to give away his kite in totally overpowerd conditions to a guy asking for the kite to find out how big it goes totally overpowered :smile:)

greetings
Buzzy
(i'm not sponsored by north, but work in a shop so I can test em)

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:50 am

Buzzy (or anyone else),

How does the toro compare to the naish aero in your opinion for an experienced rider working on spins, rolls, etc on a wake?

thanks

Return to “Kitesurfing”