Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

REV 9 Vs Rebel 9 2008

Forum for kitesurfers
Jose
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

REV 9 Vs Rebel 9 2008

Postby Jose » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:16 pm

I wanto to buy a new kite for waveriding.

Please inform your opinion!

Low wind
Hight wind
hangtime
turning speed
relaunch
depower

Hybridkiter
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Hybridkiter » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:12 pm

Low wind Rev
High wind Rebel
hangtime Rebel
turning speed Rev
relaunch Rev
depower Rebel

Demo both if at all possible. I think both kites will have huge appeal, but to different crowds. I think the C-kite crowd is going to go nuts for the Rev, whereas the Hybrid/Freeride crowd will go for the Rebel.

Rev: like a Shelby AC Cobra--hang on!
Rebel: high end Porche--smoooooooooooooth!

peterbjarke
Medium Poster

Postby peterbjarke » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:35 pm

Hi Hybridkiter,

This topic is also interesting to me. Did you ride the two kites back to back?

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:16 pm

For me, the Rev 11 low end matches the 9m 08 Rebel.

I ride fast, with a very fast board. Once moving, the power increases radically with the Rebel. More than most kites. This is the only reason I can figure the Rev 11 felt light on power. I rode them back to back in their low range.
Last edited by Dwight on Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hybridkiter
Medium Poster

Postby Hybridkiter » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:07 pm

I rode the Revs and Rebels on different days, so not "back to back."

No way will I agree that the 9 Rebel has the same bottom as the Rev 11! The Rev 11 is powerful, whereas the Rebel 9 really shines when powered for me. That being said, they are really different kites. The Rev will appeal to some, the Rebel to others.

Jose
Medium Poster

Postby Jose » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:35 pm

i have octane 8, 12 and 16, i love octane 12, fast kite, big windrange ( 75 kg 15 to 35 kts) the best is octane 8... fast fast kite! windrange 20 to 45 Kts.

At the moment i need to buy a new kite for waveriding, but i want a kite with the feel of a C kite and fast turn.

This weekend i ride a rev 9, the wind 15 knts, easy upwind with nobile 129x39. Turning speed is fast but i don´t feel the bar, for me is to light. i made a frontloop and i don´t know were is the kite. with my octane i feel the kite in bar and i know where it is.

I ride the rev 11, the wind 15 knts, easy upwind, i felt more power, but the turning speed is to slow, for me is to big.

I never ride rebel but i need to know if the feel of riding is close a C kite or a Bow kite.

I don´t like bow kite, i ride sligshot TD, TD2, Waroo and i don´t like the feel, when the wind it goes up i ride with bar to moved away.

I like a kite who pull with front lines, with my octanes i shot the hands and I continue to ride, i don´t need to pull the bar to have power.

DMCD
Medium Poster
Gear: cabrinha

Postby DMCD » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:54 am

Jose, try the f.one bandit!

i think that the bandit its the kite you looking for.

Menchu
Medium Poster

Postby Menchu » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:17 am

rebel is the same feeling as a c kite...but with the high ed of a bow as far as it concerns depower

been riding 10 and 12 on a loan from the shop till i get my vegas...i have to say that a superb jpd was done both on finishing details as well as on kite behavior...the rebel is definitly the perfect wave kite...always stays lively and responsive...super smooth....way better bar feel than last years in the 12....kite behavior is amazing even when depowered...you don t end up with a dead kite when the lines go slack..its just goes with you and still awnsers your imput very well as if the lines were tensed minus the power

relaunching the 2008 is no problem...at least not for me..has fallen quite a few time :oops:

hope that helped

aahi
Frequent Poster

Postby aahi » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:02 pm

menchu, could you comment on the low end difference between the 10 and the 12 rebel? is there a noticeable difference? which one is more fun in low winds? (12-14kts) turning speed difference? is the 10 much faster even though the 12 is faster this year than last years?

thanks menchu,

Don't know if i should just upgrade to the same size 12 and 9 or go down to 10 and 7 for 08? (I'm 85kgs and share my quiver with my 50kg girlfriend...)

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:50 am

Dwight wrote:For me, the Rev 11 low end matches the 9m Rebel.

I ride fast, with a very fast board. Once moving, the power increases radically with the Rebel. More than most kites. This is the only reason I can figure the Rev 11 felt light on power. I rode them back to back in their low range.
Sounds more like a high aspect kite, the Rev is definitely more of a medium aspect kite, power isn't too closely linked to speed... its feel is close to a C kite, it benefits from movement. The power is different than most kites I have tried, you can ride upwind great and plenty fast, but it does feel "softer". Takes some getting used to. At first I thought the Waroo had more low end than the Rev but after riding it for awhile I think they are about the same.

Return to “Kitesurfing”