Dufik
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

North Vegas 08 VS TorchIII

Postby Dufik » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:22 pm

Hi all,
moving back to C shape recently and dealing difficult question - vegas08 or torch3 ? Considering those two options because of financial limits, planning to buy 14 and 10 sizes.
Basicaly what I am looking for - good freestyle kite, with good depower (riding gusty winds 6-13m/s) and kite that last a bit longer than usual, want to keep for some time.

Please, non-bias comments, be specific, prefer those who have ridden both.

At the moment, I am inclined to Vegas08, because it's 08 and may have good improvements (havent found good review though) also selling price is better than torch07. On the other hand, I have read many complains about North struts and it's bad quality.

thx

airbornkites
Rare Poster

Postby airbornkites » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:32 pm

08 vegas v torch 3 what about torch 4 its still pobably chaper than north.

naish rule btw and i was looping my torch on my first sesions after never trying t before with ny other kite

Richtw
Medium Poster

Postby Richtw » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:40 pm

I have Torch 3's in 10m and 14m sizes - you honestly will be made up with them. They packup and unpack easy as anything (!), bomb proof construction & great to fly - stable, hangtime, easy relaunch, loop brilliantly, confidence inspiring.

The only thing I did was opt for the double depower bar as I moved from Bows - best thing I ever did :)

I doubt you find someone who has not got on 100% with a Torch!

Dufik
Rare Poster

Postby Dufik » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:35 pm

airbornkites wrote:08 vegas v torch 3 what about torch 4 its still pobably chaper than north.

naish rule btw and i was looping my torch on my first sesions after never trying t before with ny other kite
I can get better price for North vegas 08 than for Torch3. I know Torch is very good kite, but if I can have Vegas 08 for better price, why not? What I have read so far, vegas is not bad kite too.
Torch 4 is expensive.

airbornkites
Rare Poster

Postby airbornkites » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:14 pm

still highly recomend torch 3 or vegas, i didnt like the o7 i thought o6 was better but i dnt think north quality is up to stadard anymore

ethanknight
Medium Poster

Postby ethanknight » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:22 pm

I switched to some 07 torchs recently and am VERY happy. They are a ton of fun, perform awesome unhooked and the range is great. I actually keep up with my buddies on SLEs in the range department no problem. They ragged me for getting them saying they had no range what so ever. HAHAHA Suckers... I can ride my 14 and do just as well as when they are riding 17 waroos. When the wind picked up I didn't get off the water from being overpowered till a buddy on a 13 waroo who is heavier had to also. I used to have 04 C kites(CO2's/Nitros) and those sucked but with the new C's, I've been converted now. They are super fun unhooked. I haven't had them stall out or doing anything funky once when looping or unhooking. Thats more than I can say for most of the kites out there.

RideLow
Frequent Poster
Gear: Wipika Free air! <3
Brand Affiliation: Blue Waffle

Postby RideLow » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:55 pm

I am on vegas 08 now after 2 year on torches and I am very happy, I feel, for me, that the vegas gives me more power trough my tricks while the torch III was a litle bit to "plush"

Both are great kites but if u can get the 08 vegas for cheap, definatly get that one!

Its also more solid in air and gives you more pull thrugh the loops...

Bain
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Bain » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:40 am

ethanknight wrote:I switched to some 07 torchs recently and am VERY happy. They are a ton of fun, perform awesome unhooked and the range is great. I actually keep up with my buddies on SLEs in the range department no problem. They ragged me for getting them saying they had no range what so ever. HAHAHA Suckers... I can ride my 14 and do just as well as when they are riding 17 waroos. When the wind picked up I didn't get off the water from being overpowered till a buddy on a 13 waroo who is heavier had to also. I used to have 04 C kites(CO2's/Nitros) and those sucked but with the new C's, I've been converted now. They are super fun unhooked. I haven't had them stall out or doing anything funky once when looping or unhooking. Thats more than I can say for most of the kites out there.
Word.

To bad not many other people realize this.
C's seem to be all but gone
It looks like we will be stuck riding the bridal kites before too long, which really sucks.
I can't stand them.

How or why they became so popular is beyond me.

You would think the guys that have been riding for a while wouldn't stand for it, but seems a lot of them subscribed to the "new is better" mentality.

These so called "safe kites" are killing great kites, IMHO
Last edited by Bain on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

mewing5000
Rare Poster

Postby mewing5000 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:42 am

I just moved to torch 3's and I have flown the north Vegas. I think the vegas has more of a flat kite feel, torch has c kite feel, but still has great range, almost as much as a flat kite. I kite in light wind with my 14, I was very surprised of the power. I am a c kiter all the way. :thumb:

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:03 am

It a hard call... The 06 T and the V6 was good kites..

The 07 T3 was the bomb, but the V7 didnt work as nice.. And the 2pump fucked up..

Just tried 12-10 T4 and the are absolutely the shit for freestyle. Didnt try the V8 yet, but heard from a North teamrider that they are back up there again.. But the are whitout 2-1 pump :roll: ...

I'm probably going 10-12-14 T4.. Its just the best freestyle kite out there, but am waiting for the new smart-loop bar.

Your on the right track about both IMHO, just make up your mind..

Return to “Kitesurfing”