Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

eclipse ez-lock system

Forum for kitesurfers
docuk
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby docuk » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:20 pm

Dimitri et al., fair do's and hats off to you for being available to the average punter. Sure r&d have to be covered and if its works as well as i think it might then sure i dont mind being stuffed for even 40 dollars by such a genuine stalwart of the kiting fraternity.

P.S. maybe when u sell loads you could invoke the also well used invocation of economies of scale and drop the price a bit then. Heyho. :wink:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:54 pm

Send me an e-mail to dimitri@eclipsekites.com I am sure I can help you out with the EZ lock system.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:05 pm

I said the Starkites stopper was better, but I meant because it is a push-through stopper. If you want a moveable stopper which stays in place until you release it, the eclipse is better.

Aside from that, it is great to see guys like Dimitri and Mark Shinn involved at the highest level with the gear and responding to people in person. Gives me more confidence in the products.

liv2surf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Waddell Creek, Scott Creek, Miramar-Half Moon Bay, Coyote Point, Pillar Point Harbor-HMB
Style: waves & foil
Gear: Cabrinha Drifters 7, 9, 11. Firewire Dominator surfboard (quad), no straps. SS SpacePickle adapted to foil (LF Foilfish foil), two foot hooks, front and back.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby liv2surf » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:57 pm

liv2surf wrote:
sbkiter wrote:
you should be able to push thru the stopper system.. if you cant, then whats the point?
The point of the stopper is to stop the bar when you adjust it to your desired throw... not sure why you would want to push through? If its for safety reasons, both the Slingshot and Liquid Force pulls the c-loop line through the stopper when the safety is pulled. To each his own but its annoying to me to not have a 'lock'.
I personally agree with bleighty and disagree with sbkiter and North. I like to be able to rest against a stopper BUT be able to "push the bar out through" the stopper in a gust (such as on the North 2007 bar and unlike the upgrade on the 2008 bar). However, just as bleighty and sbkiter don't agree on this, this ability to push through the stopper is subject to personal riding style and taste. Given an "push-through"-able stopper or give me death. In the latter case, I would not use the stopper.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:28 pm

Guys you have to understand that every body has a different style of riding.
Now in the waves I usually don't even use the EZ or stopper ball, the only time I use it is when I am under power and don't want to kill the kite my moving the bar up and down. But when I do FreeStyle and boards off I need the EZ or Stopper ball to be set to were I want. I don't want it to slide up once I put pressure against the bar. If you put pressure a against the bar and the ball start sliding up it will depower the kite slowly so you won't be getting the hang time that you usually get. And if you are doing one handed tricks you need to have the ball/EZ lock remain to were you set it.
With ECLIPSE you will see that once you get the kite the distance of the spectra line is perfect. It is not too long and not too short so you don't even need to use the EZ for normal riding. That is why once you get the ECLIPSE bar the EZ system is locked with a label WARNING and you can't use it until you decide to unscrew the safety screw from the Ball.

docuk
Medium Poster

Postby docuk » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:47 am

Dimitri, nice one bud - really appreciate it. Not going to drool publicly over ur board off's mind :roll: but if ur kites are half as good as you are at board - offs then they will be the pick of the crop for sure and the same goes for this simple stopper system - cheers.

Return to “Kitesurfing”