Forum for kitesurfers
BenWilder
Medium Poster
Style: wakestyle
Gear: EPIC & XENON
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby BenWilder » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:02 am

_Tom_: go to yahoo groups and foildesign. They do their own kites and might help you a lot.

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:30 pm

kitegrommet
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kitegrommet » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:26 am

Yes, engineering for a design is a must.

Sorry, but the guy who is saying you can learn from trial and error, didn't design the wing he's even starting with, it was an aero-engineer.

But, kite companies live and die by bad marketing, internal business practices etc.

MBA, Patent Law, Marketing (sports marketing), Graphic design, etc.

yiorgos
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kalamos, GR
Favorite Beaches: Ftelia, GR - Kalamos, GR
Style: wave
Gear: 10m2 Bandit 5 and a PUKAS surfboard

Re: kitesurf industry jobs

Postby yiorgos » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:24 am

Hi all,

I am also looking for job opportunities in the industry. Strangely enough for somebody who stays in Greece at the moment, my motive is not the double digit early twenties greek unemployment rate but rather the motive to work for something more creative and in an area that is actually my interest as an individual.

I have a masters degree in Engineering, business studies and for a few years now I have been running process improvement projects for the largest European company. Aim of these projects is to understand the consumer and transfer this into product characteristics while reducing the variability of the manufacturing process. We use high statistical tools for this. I know this sounds a little bit like a geek but really i am not :), I do actually also kitesurf on a 10m^2 and a surfboard most of my weekends :)

I think that the kite industry could really benefit from establishing some of the manufacturing and product design practices of other industry sectors who have been here for a while and I am willing to prove it :)
Subsequently, the companies who would faster adopt such practices will get huge advantages in consumer preference.

Anyways, too much said for a first post. I would really welcome any contact from those of you in the industry

cheers
yiorgos

rtz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 75kg
Favorite Beaches: OBX
SPI
Style: Freeride
Gear: SlingShot, Switch.

Re: kitesurf industry jobs