Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Royal Era, How do you get in contact with them?

Forum for kitesurfers
shogun1204
Medium Poster
Style: Freesytle, Surf
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Royal Era, How do you get in contact with them?

Postby shogun1204 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:14 pm

I bought a full quiver of the Royal Era kites a few months back when they came out. I absolutely love the kites, and love how the fly. About 3 weeks ago I had one of my outside bridle lines start to wear and break on my 12 meter kite. I was guessing one of the pulley's had sand in them, got caught and cut the line. It happens, so no big deal. Then my next session I go to put on my 10 meter kite and made sure the pulley's where sand free and in working order. I go out and have a great session. When I get done for the day I go to pack my kite and notice that on my 10 the outside bridle is doing the same thing! OK, one kite that is only like 2 months old having a warn bridle I can understand. 2 in a row there is something else going on with the kites. So I take pictures of the problem put them in a email and forward them to Extreme Kites where I purchased them. They try to get into contact with "Royal" support and hear nothing for about 3 days. So I decide to email Simone directly to find out what's going on. 2 day I hear nothing back from Simone, I email the owner of the shop to find out what is going on. He forwards my email to Simone and get a response later that day saying this:

"Please quote a message or something so I understand.
Simone

So the shop owner again forwards my email to him again. That was 3 days ago and still nothing from Royal or Simone. I have to say there has been a lot of great kites coming out this year, and the biggest thing I think that is going to separate them is CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! Heck they could at least emailed me back and said "Sorry we don't cover that in the warranty". That would have been ok with me and I would have figure out another way to fix my kites! LUCKILY Daryl from Extreme Kite sent me some bridle line and showed me how to fix them. I want to say Thank you Daryl from helping me out. Can someone who knows Simone or maybe somebody that works at Royal bring this up! Having bad Customer service these days with all the kite companies we have to choose from seems like something that should not happen!
Last edited by shogun1204 on Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2talented
Frequent Poster

Postby 2talented » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 pm

Not to fan the flames, because those guys at EK are a great bunch. That is one of the things that is keeping me from getting a new kite first year out. I also tested the Era 8 and even though the kite was great, the material they used for the bridles was strange, very thin and stiff. I wonder why they didn't use replaceable sections on the rear like they did for the front bridles?

shogun1204
Medium Poster

Update

Postby shogun1204 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:45 pm

Funny, got a email back from Simone today. Here is what what he said to the shop owner:

No, tell him to write to info@royali... or simone@royal...
I will be happy to help.

S

Ok, thanks for that help. Uhhhhh I emailed the info@royal last WEEK and still have not heard anything!

h2odiesel
Rare Poster

Postby h2odiesel » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:24 pm

Let me get this straight you got the super bro deal on a quiver of great kites, you noticed premature bridal wear and contacted the manufacturer and the dealer. The dealer sent you new bridal material and instructions for replacement. If I follow it took six days for the dealer to take care of your claim and he will work it out with the manufacturer. TO be sure the manufacturer wants you to send your complaint again. You consider that terrible service?? Did you expect Simmone to fly in from Italy and tie your bridals on himself. I landed an 08 waroo for a bro yesterday and noticed his bridal inserts were fraying because of some casting flash in the pulley grove. Do you think I should start a Slag Best thread and demand Shannon personally take care of it? I think there are a lot of North and Cabrinha riders that would be over joyed is their dealer gave them 6 day turn around on a claim. I'm not trying to hate on you, just keep things in persective. It doesn't sound like you missed much ridding and as always buying through a great dealer pays off. I hope when Royal addresses the problem you'll keep us posted.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:44 pm

don't forget: it happens many times that mails get moved automatically into the spam box...make sure to check it every time!

This happens many times to mails from and for me!

shogun1204
Medium Poster

Yup

Postby shogun1204 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:50 pm

Yeah I was thinking that too, but I emailed him from a couple of diffrent account to make sure he gets it.

Also I did not expect him to fix it himself. I just wanted at least a email back within in a few days saying we will look into it for you, or something. I should not have to email them for over a week and get no response. Then the only time they do responsed they tell me to email the info email address which I already did.

2talented
Frequent Poster

Postby 2talented » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:07 pm

H20 let me get this staight. Do you know that he got a bro deal? and I didnt read anywhere in his post that anyone sent him bridle material? am I missing something?

Again, EK is a great shop and I am sure they will help you out as much as they can, just get them involved more.

shogun1204
Medium Poster

Postby shogun1204 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:18 pm

Yes Daryl from the shop sent me some Spectra line and showed me how to fix it. I really would not been mad at all if Royal just emailed me back telling me something! Heck even, "Sorry we can't warranty this for you would be fine" I would have then asked if I could buy some stock replacment briddle. I would have been totatly happy with that. I am just upset because I feel like I am getting the run around from Royal. Yes I know Simone is a busy guy and everything. I just think when I email him directly, and I email there info@royalkiteboarding.com. I should have gotten some kind of response from them within a few days at the most. If it takes over a week to at least to return my email that sucks!

Yes I got a great deal on my Kites, but then again everyone get a great deal from EK.

Also, I posted this thread early today. I hate to say it, but if this was a Best product or Ecplise product I bet I would have gotten a PM from somebody at one of those companies already! Like I said customer service is going to be a huge deciding factor now that so many kites companies are out there with great product. I have not rode a 08 kite yet that I really have not liked at all.

Er Presidente
Medium Poster

Postby Er Presidente » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:58 am

Dude -
i had some minor issues with my ERAs, sent an email to Simone and got a response within 12 hours.

I had Cabs in the past and it took 2 weeks to have even a single answer by mail.

Simone took care personally of the questions i asked him and solved all my issue right away.

I find very hard to believe what you are saying. Before smashing a new honest company and ruining their reputation to potential buyers you should think twice next time.

shogun1204
Medium Poster

Postby shogun1204 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:30 am

Hey I have had nothing but good things to say about the Era kites. Go to http://www.extremekiteboarding.com and read my reviews. I still think its a great kite, but I have emailed Simone twice and email the info once. Also my Girlfriend email the info email address too. I personally have not heard from Simone at all. He emailed the shop owner after a week telling me to email him again with my problem which has been sent to the info and to him direct a few times. I still have not heard anything. I am glad that he responded to you so fast, but so far I have been given the run around.
Er Presidente wrote:Dude -
i had some minor issues with my ERAs, sent an email to Simone and got a response within 12 hours.

I had Cabs in the past and it took 2 weeks to have even a single answer by mail.

Simone took care personally of the questions i asked him and solved all my issue right away.

I find very hard to believe what you are saying. Before smashing a new honest company and ruining their reputation to potential buyers you should think twice next time.

Return to “Kitesurfing”