Safety features on X2 bar?

Forum for kitesurfers
kGreg
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kGreg » Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:31 pm

Did anybody test the safety features of the new X2 bar? Are they working properly?

Regards,
Greg

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Jun 10, 2002 1:13 pm

I had a closer look at it on Thursday.
So far it looks great and the quick release works fine. I couldn't test it under pressure. But I'm worried that it will open, after using it many times, by itself.
There is a plastic tube to avoid it to slip out, and this plastic tube could increase by each use. But this is a possibility, it may never happen. So we have to wait for further tests. But so far a great release and the safety is working now, not like last years ones.

SKIBUMNCO
Medium Poster

Postby SKIBUMNCO » Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:56 pm

oops that link im speaking of for everyone else is phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1264&forum=1&8

gottmoore
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gottmoore » Wed Jun 12, 2002 10:08 pm

I have been told the system I came up with is almost identical to Naish. I have been using mine for about 4 months without any problems. The load is actually not on the tube, but on the rope and steel eye. I havent replaced any components yet, and it is absolutely reliable and bombproof. Testing included attaching it to a solid piling and a large van running and in gear. A 5/16" marlow rope used as a leader broke after the third try, but the release worked easily every time.

Return to “Kitesurfing”