Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Help to Jump

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help to Jump

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:54 am

I'm doing kite mountainboarding for a year and a few months, during this time I've tryed to do some jumps with the board and I didn't get to do nithing really cool. Does any one can help me with some tips, or is there a site where I can get that info. By the way, I have a Quadrifoil XM competiotion and the board is Kheo Flyer.

Thanx

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:25 pm

Ok, learn to jump with the kite first - I assume you happy jumping (no board), 360's 720's on land, off dunes etc.

Take a spade and make a little 1 foot high ramp. Then as you come towards the ramp, take the kite from 11:00 to 12:00 launch and float down.

As you feel the kite pull against your momentum try a crouch and jump, time this at the top of the ramp.

Now start moving the kite further back in the window, so from 11:00 to 2:00 and back to 12:00 for the landing.....

practice.... you've got a good board by the way....

john

kite jumping

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:37 pm

you'll find that the power you are used to putting into the kite with little commitment on land to get 15+ feet, seems absolutely balls out when you are traveling at 20mph.

you just have to be way more agressive, and get ready to kick the board off for the first few goes.

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:32 pm

Thanks for all your tips.

Don´t you think also that I might need a bigger kite, since mine is a foil with 3,4 sqmeters.

Thnx

j_raven
Rare Poster

Postby j_raven » Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:49 pm

Dont worry to much about the size of the kite i use a flexi viper 4m in about 15-20mph on a scrub board and i do ok

Just do what the other guys said and be aggresive with the kite be prepared for a few hard knocks until you learn to spot your landings

J.

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:26 pm

j_raven wrote:Just do what the other guys said and be aggresive with the kite be prepared for a few hard knocks until you learn to spot your landings

J.
Hm, watch those knees, my brother kicked his board off mid 720 and it only came off one foot, the board and him span in oposite directions until his knee went 'pop'

john.e.boy

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

And wear shin guards

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:41 pm

Go get some shin guards for $9 a pair at the sports store, too. I kicked off my board plenty of times where one foot comes out and the other doesn't, then you land and your shin kicks the edge of the mountainboard and puts a 1-2" gash into your bone from the force which also has torn through my jeans. I've had this happen many times. I won't kite without shinpads now. Can't believe no one else has this problem except me. (maybe I'm a dork LOL!)

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

j_raven
Rare Poster

Postby j_raven » Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:03 pm

:-? that knee thing does not sound good to me

You should think about getting a good helmet as well as shin pads i myself have never hit my head as yet but ive seen a few guys dent their heads on rocks and let me tell you its nothing to laugh at (well not unless you are the guy a month later making up a great story about it down the pub)

J.

Return to “Snow / Land”