Well it's that time of year again, windy in Florida. Time to ride, compete and race. So far this season on the East coast has been epic with many days above 25 and some swells that have been second to none.
It's time to make history again. Last year we had the longest downwind race, this year we will duplicate it and I would love to see the largest race.
My goal is 100+ kiters racing for 60 miles from Jupiter to Tiki Beach!
So pass the word out to anyone that is not on this list, but please let be known this is not a walk in the park, very life threatening and definitely not for an average kiter.
The web site is up check out http://www.xratedkiteboarding.com/xtreme/
things are still loading now but should be complete by the morning. There is only a few changes in the rules:
1. If you pull out for any reason you must call me immediately so I can account for you.
2. Carry $150 in cash in case of a long cab ride.
3. Anyone inside a designated swim are will be disqualified immediately, this year each life guard has my cell phone # and will call at any violation with a kite color and type.
4. There will be a new e-mail list of all people registered. Updated rules and conditions will be mailled to this group only. Via this e-mail there will be a 72 hr notice for stand by and a 36 hr notice to start.
5. FKSA.ORG will also be our official public forum for updates and questions.
The kick off part this year will be at the new Evolve Watersports in Fort Laudredale, formally know as Waterpaly on Saturday the 8th of December with the first possible race day on the 9th.
To sign up for the race YOU MUST fill out the registration form and liability waive and fax or e-mail it back to me BEFORE the 8th (fax# 954-524-1103). Pay the entrance fee is $50 cash only, NO LATER than opening party evening. I assure you all proceeds will go back into the race i.e. T-shirts, trophies, party food and dink, prize money. Prize money will be determined by how many entrances we have.
So I hope to see you on the 8th at if not sooner and if you have any questions feel free to call my cell at 954-647-7228 or e-mail me here.
See you at the new Evolve on the 8th. Lets get it on and make history again!