Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:02 pm

I also moved the topic to the review album, but you can still post in here.

Greets
Toby

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:13 pm

to add one more comment set:

tried the 9.5 titan a number of times, in less wind than ted 20mph max.
the kite definately turns faster than the warrior and does so with less bar pressure. (the guest poster seems to be riding the kite underpowered or using too much trim strap, which does slow it down).

the kite jumps higher than the warrior in the same conditions, i have rode it back to back with the 9 psycho and 9 warrior. the titan does require to be sent back faster than the warrior and furhter than the psycho to jump at its best, all 3 kites feel very different, but the titan is definately the closest to an lei.

the titan does not however turn on a wingtip like leis do, so you could fairly comment that it turns slower. the titan absolutley though does not stall on upturns, in any way shape or form, unlike every other foil i've ridden it actually accelerates through an upturn generating a lot of pull the whole time, if you stall your board in turns though it may feel sluggish as the lines slacken, but if you carve your turns properly the titan rockets through the turns.

regarding the low end, it is substantially '''better''' than both the psycho and the warrior. it has much more low end than the warrior and more '''easily attainable''' low end than the psycho, i don't think it has more low end than the psycho but achieving this low end is easier on the titan.

safety relaunch and handling are much the same, though you can send the titan up into the air totally deflated.

stability wise, forget about it, looping into crashed landings on purpose with the kite totally at the other side of the window, it just sits there waiting for you. the stability of the titan is great right up there with the arcs and as good as any lei in everything except dogshit shifting wind.

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:46 pm

Thanks for the review SQ. I have a couple psychos, but think the Titan would be a good light wind kite. Eppo - your post was good, but I think it has to be discarded due to the fact that you were flying a 9.5 in 12-15? At that wind range, you probably should have been on at least a 12 or 15m kite. I think any 9m foil would feel sluggish in that wind range. My old warriors would feel like a bag of crap in 12-15 (10 mph below its recommeded sweet spot). One more question for titan riders - is the bar lenght the same as the psycho (real small)?
Forget to sign in - NUKIN.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:49 pm

the bars on the protos were about 5cm bigger, but as ted says its plenty large.

sweetspot for the 9 is 18-25 mph for me 70kg
at 12-15mph you want the 15m

Return to “Reviews”