Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

talking about safety

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:59 am

sorry about silke...(newbie but already experienced similar insident myself.already 1week on bed.using all safety systems but unable to unhoock)
i have not yet used my 2line c02.talking about safety can anybody inform me about adjusting a 3rd depower line.where and how.thanks and lets take advantage of this bad incident to improve our sport and not to argue
kp...

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Mon Jun 10, 2002 2:58 pm

Kp,

I am sorry that you were injured. It sounds like you have recovered which is a good thing. Please tell us about your accident, winds, kite size and what happened in detail.

Rick Iossi

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:28 pm

as simple as this:try to find a place to park my kite (after not being able to water start:low winds!!!!!)in a crowded beach.someone tryed to catch aline to help me!because he though i was in trouble(i was standing hoock just looking around for the right place).he took me by surprice & (not so expirienced)in seconds i found myself being draged towards some rocks.thanks god i had the clear mind to jump over them & land into a wooden constraction(only one knee hurt and some scratches,now ok)
SO for my Co2 i really think that is necesary a 3rd depower system(any help :smile:)
kp...

RickI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby RickI » Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:33 pm

That is astonishing, save us from well intended but clueless helpers! What size kite did you have up and what would you guess the wind speed to have been? Also, where did this happen?

Thanks,
Rick Iossi

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:40 pm

it was a 8 m2 beginners kite(without tubes at all)and the wind less then 4 bofor.
dont blame the others.we have to take care our selfs
kp...

RickI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby RickI » Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:47 pm

By no tubes do you mean it was a foil kite like a Windtools Stamos or something similar?

Rick Iossi

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:52 pm

no tubes no foils,simple kite(dont now the name)used for kiteski.

Return to “Kitesurfing”