Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Skywalker Pro Riders 131x40

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Skywalker Pro Riders 131x40

Postby Dr_Rosen » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:16 pm

Just want to post a little comment about my new board. I just bought the 2008 skywalker Pro Rider 131x40 cm. In 2007 I have been riding the Nobile 555 135x40 cm, so this is my comparison.

I rode the skywalker yesterday in 16 - 20 knots with my Royal Era 14 m2. My weight is 90 kg.

I was curious if I could feel a difference compared to my Nobile, as their measures are pretty similar. Well, their are different. The conditions was a bit choppy, and the Skywalker board just rode super smooth! It has a bit wider stance than my Nobile, but it only took a few minutes to adjust. Planed easily and jump really nice. I found the landings "softer" on the knees.

I am not a super expert in going upwind and have sometimes had a little difficulties on the Nobile in more marginal conditions. Yesterday I had no problems, but I did also have okay power in the kite.

So all in all I am very satisfied with my purchase. If you have the opportunity, you should really give it a test run. I think you'll like it !!
:thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Re: Skywalker Pro Riders 131x40

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:50 am

Dr.Rosen,
I am very happy that you like the Skywalker 131x40 cm. You know that you can choose between the DIMITRI PRO COMP or the DIMITRI PRO RIDERS. The only differences is the narrow stances and the bigger fins.
If you have a chance you should try the 127x42 DIMITRI PRO COMP.
Any way enjoy your new board.

bleighty
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby bleighty » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:53 pm

ive been on the dimitri pro 2007 since they first were announced.. bought it on a whim.. no one in my area had one.. and the overseas reviews were all positive.

i love the board .. so glad i made the purchase.

mz16
Frequent Poster

Postby mz16 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:39 pm

The pro riders board wont break though will it? Other than stance and fins there are no significant differences between riders and comp?

legrill83
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sandy Hook
Favorite Beaches: Delray, Whale harbor, LBI, Boca Grande, Hatteras
Gear: Wainman/Mystic/RRD

Postby legrill83 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:04 pm

Good question, I was curious about the same thing. Looking to buy a 2008 Skywalker too--Pro Rider or Pro Comp?

mz16
Frequent Poster

Postby mz16 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:10 pm

I understand that there is wider stance, but is that just a comfort thing? or do yo actually gain something from wider stance riding? I dont know whether my stance is considered wide or not...i am 6'2" so I don know which I shouldg get, pro com or riders. cool graphics though

Larse
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lynæs , DK
http://www.KiteboardingExercises.com
Favorite Beaches: Poppelvej, DK
http://www.KiteboardingExercises.com
Style: Wakestyle/freestyle
Gear: LF Nirvana, Envy, LF DLX and LF LFX
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force and http://www.KiteboardingExercises.com

Postby Larse » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:13 pm

mz16 wrote:The pro riders board wont break though will it? Other than stance and fins there are no significant differences between riders and comp?
The rails are different. Rider has a softer rail, that will give you a softer ride and maybe a little less spray. The larger fins on rider makes up for the loss of edge. I think, that the stance is the biggest differents, but I think you gotta try it out for your self. Go for the stance you like.

In general I like a large stance for better pop. But that's just me and that might not be true for you...

Return to “Reviews”