Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North Rhino 8 - more pics ...

Forum for kitesurfers
Foxi
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 82
Local Beach: Walchensee - the bavarian caribbean ;-)
Favorite Beaches: Lake Walchensee / Bavaria
Lake Garda / Italy
Paracuru / Brazil
Style: RED
Gear: Fanatic Sky Wing 5.6
Duotone Unit 2 6.0 / 4.5
Sabfoil Kraken M93/F703/S486/S425/W945/W999/W1250
Groove Skate
Moses Onda
Ozone Alpha V1
F-One Trax
North Mono & Neos
Brand Affiliation: None

North Rhino 8 - more pics ...

Postby Foxi » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:45 pm

ALGOR
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Punta Pellaro, Reggio Cal - (south) ITALY
Been thanked: 0

Re: North Rhino 8 - more pics ...

Postby ALGOR » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:56 pm

"North Sails will never build Bow or SLE kites... we believe in *C* shape project for ever..." :P :naughty: :o

No comment :allbegood:

JFB
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby JFB » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:35 pm

seems complicated!

swell
Frequent Poster
Gear: the fastest

Postby swell » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:16 pm

AlGOr wrote:"North Sails will never build Bow or SLE kites... we believe in *C* shape project for ever..." :P :naughty: :o

No, I'll comment: first, this was never said, second this is not a bow and third NORTH is producing one of the best foil winter kites wich are bridled as hell, so they know, what they talking about.

ALGOR
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Punta Pellaro, Reggio Cal - (south) ITALY

Postby ALGOR » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:45 pm

swell wrote:
AlGOr wrote:"North Sails will never build Bow or SLE kites... we believe in *C* shape project for ever..." :P :naughty: :o

No, I'll comment: first, this was never said, second this is not a bow and third NORTH is producing one of the best foil winter kites wich are bridled as hell, so they know, what they talking about.
Dear swell, I can understand, it's hard to admit, but the reality is North loose the challenge with the market last year and half year before. They not bet 1 dollar in R&D on bow & SLE kites, swearing to customers the pure "C" project will be the only future of North production.

In fact none SLE was never start in production until now.

With the patetic (IMHO) attempt to try to migrate in SLE/BOW concepts introducting in Rebel07 / Rino07 a flatter shape using direct support of only 4 point on LE (2 fronts + 2 of 5th lines) approaching a SLE shape/concept...
Results: Inverting, no linear power, relaunch not easy, not same depower... problem with structurs (struts too forced....) :-? Hard to trim! hard & heavy to fly

It's simple: a LE needs more point of distribution of load to work fine... And yet now North try a "dribbling" the loose of image, making a disguised bridle, using a similar VP2 (Best) pulleys on a not balanced bridles... all to avoid to admit: "Yes, we wrong in not trust in SLE project in the right time..."
Now a not modern implementation, complicated (cam-battens everywhere!), none of the modern "call" as search of a lighter kite! with new materials or new shapes (mono struts, 3 struts, Cuben/Dacron ecc ecc)

In My Honest Opinion North is 1,5 years back in R&D and market, in a moment of glory they was able to loose about all caused from a not "forehanded" vision of marketing and kite-style.

And that is out not only by me, but in so many kite-forum around the world... :allbegood:

alex267
Medium Poster

Postby alex267 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:02 pm

Rhino 07 is fantastic, but north sucks, so the 08 will be better???
Please post a review here or some extra infos.

bordy
Rare Poster
Style: freeride-waveride

Postby bordy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:21 pm

Dear Aigor,
First of all I'm not a North promoter.
I own rebel 08 and I had a rhino7 before.. both are FANTASTIC kites..
Inverting?? Not same power?? relaunch not easy?? not same depower?,heavy to fly??
But of what kite are you talking about.. I can't belive you are talking about a North..
I tried Bestkites several times and, even if Waroo is a good kite, I have choosen North because I found better performances(low end , depower and jumping performance ) and I found it much more confortable..

That's my opinion (with no interests.. belive me..)

Return to “Kitesurfing”