Forum for kitesurfers
TritonKiteboarding
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Aboards Reviews

Postby TritonKiteboarding » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:00 am

Looking for some non-biased consumer reviews and comparisons with these boards. Anyone ridden them much for freestyle???

Paulsdan
Rare Poster

Re: Aboards Reviews

Postby Paulsdan » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:24 pm

I am kiting more than 5 years. Mix of oldschool and newshool. During my kitlife i have been changing and experimenting with boards constantly to find most perfect one for me. I have riden around 10 boards over these years - Fanatic, LiteWave, North, Crazy Fly. Several of of them i have given away to to my friends learning kiteboarding. My other friend gave my to try ABoards in 2007 model 137cm. I was really pleased with the board and bought one myself. OK flex and great pop. Good in chop. But the best for me is that i can do heavy kiteloops with my 110kg and board is unbroken.

Only thing that i needed to take care was sprays when putting to much pressure on front foot. Overall i have been kiting for whole season and the board is still in fine condition.

This season i am thinking of Z136 or X137. Most probally i will go for Z as it is more all-round. X i have read is for young guys and their wakestyle stuff.

Knokkekiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Heist,Zeebrugge,Knokke,Cadzand
Favorite Beaches: Heist,Hardelot
Style: wakestyle
Gear: ABoards X 131
Advance kites Kondor 9 +13

Postby Knokkekiter » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:47 pm

I have a X 131 for a month now,and must say I love it.
It has lots of pop,I also have no problem in choppy water.
You have lots of grip when you need it but its still loose on the water,great for surface passes and stuff.
Oh yeah bindings are great too!really good lockdown even with boots
try and test one if you have the chance
Attachments
PB110076.JPG

Sonix
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Fyn
Favorite Beaches: There is so many nice spots........
Style: A little of everything, mostly freestyle
Gear: Eclipse Thruster 8, 10, 12, Nano 4, 6,
Skywalker Dim. Pro. Comp.
Brand Affiliation: Importer of Eclipse gear in DK

Postby Sonix » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:52 pm

Hey

I have tried the Z-board but i think that the board is a bit heavy, thats maybe one of the reasons why it is good in chop. But I would prefer a lighter board.

Anyone who thinks the same or like that it is a heavy board? i would like to hear your opinion.

Bain
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Bain » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:54 pm

will any one ever sell them in U.S.?

Paulsdan
Rare Poster

Postby Paulsdan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:54 am

I was very OK with weight of my board. When i bought 137cm Aboards i got to know that core consist of some light foam material airex combined with wood and some sophisticated construction solutions that makes the board strong but with not too much weight compared to other complete wood boards.Considering new board I have tried number of 2008 boards also Lentens board from Sligshot and new Thorn they are way heavier.

suse
Medium Poster

Postby suse » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:32 pm

I ride Aboards x series 131 as well. Best board ever. I was deciding in-between x and z, I chose x, because I am going to do more new wakestyle tricks. It is perfect for pops.

kiteparty
Rare Poster

Postby kiteparty » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:15 pm

two weeks ago I get my Z series 133. I already get chance to try it in Elguana shall waters. I was afraid to damage the board, but after all coralls it is looks like new. :thumb:
Attachments
DSC0045.jpg
DSC0045.jpg (94.83 KiB) Viewed 1779 times

Return to “Kitesurfing”