Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Accomodation in Cabarete?

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
Spexz
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Stenungsund/Orust

Åre - Snowkiting and Åre lake in summer
Favorite Beaches: Havent tried many other beaches..
Style: Beginner?
Gear: Best kite from 2004 with best board
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Accomodation in Cabarete?

Postby Spexz » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:08 pm

Hey,

Anyone know a good place to stay for 3 weeks?

Ive seen alot of good recommendations for Alis surfcenter..

Any else place?

We are going there btw 17 May to 8 June..

Not to expensive ofc..

Alis has accomodation for 29 USD /night with breakfast and dinner...

Thank you for the help:-)

Hooked Cabarete
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Encuentro cabarete
Kitebeach Cabarete
Workum the Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Encuentro
Style: Waveriding
Location: HookedCabarete.com Hotel/Apartments rental Cabarete/Encuentro

Re: Accomodation in Cabarete?

Postby Hooked Cabarete » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:13 am

There are plenty of accomodations in Cabarete. If you are lookling for something really basic and want to share a shower etc. Ali's is a good choice. They offer appartments but are more expensive then the 26.-
Next to Ali's there is Hooked Cabarete (which is my place BTW) on Encuentro. We offer Studio/Appartments on the best wavespot just outside Cabarete. Our guests are mainly surfers and kitesurfers and there is always a relaxed atmosphere.
There is also the Extreme (don't think it's already open) and a lot more hotels.

One thing I want to recoment you; stay away from the All Inclusive resorts/ Waiting in line, hoping your egg is still warm, is not too much fun and there are plenty of cheap and good restaurants in town. Outside the AI you will experience Cabarete and it's vibe so much more.....

We are making downwinders and kitetrips on regular base. If you feel joining us, just send me a pm or an email, also if you need more info about Cabarete.

Lem
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Jochum & Nesler (JN)

Postby Lem » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:31 am

Ali's is a bit out of town, but I've heard the food is good and they transfer you to the KiteClub on Kitebeach daily. Bozo Beach is the better place to stay & kite as you have everything on your doorstep, however it is more expensive there. Try emailling Laurel from Laurel Eastman Kiteboarding - she's very helpful and can get good deals on the some of nice apartments.

BuySellCabarete
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kitebeach, Cabarete, DR
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete, DR I have my secret spots
Style: Wave rider 100%
Gear: Caution Answer2 9m or 12m
LF Surfboard 6'0" strapped

Thats it!
Brand Affiliation: eXtremeHotels.com and KiteLounge.com

Postby BuySellCabarete » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:11 pm

There is always eXtreme...

Cheap, common kitchen, on the beach and kite out your back door...Skateramp and the bar.

Cheers,
Vlad

dougols
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sherman Island, Alameda, Bodega Bay, Berkeley
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete, South Padre Island, Boracay, the entire North East Coast of Brazil, Cozumel
Style: Freestyle, but getting into waves
Gear: Still on C kites, Naish Torches but open to change..

Postby dougols » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:31 pm

You might want to look into http://www.hotelkaoba.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or maybe it's kaobahotel.com
I stay there all the time, it's right in town but across the street from the beach with many bungalows down a garden path. If you take one in back it's quite quiet. I don't know the current prices but they have always been one of the least expensive. If you are going in the summer you will need ac unless you are tough and take a cold shower before bed. They have a pool and internet access and will probably give you a deal if you stay more than a week.

Doug

gennady
Rare Poster
Local Beach: San Francisco: Ocean, Bay, Sherman Island
Favorite Beaches: Sherman Island, Kite Beach-Maui
Style: freestyle
Gear: BEST kites; UNDERGROUND and J.LEWIS boards

Postby gennady » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:35 am

I have been in Cabarete a couple of times: if you are a "kiter", there is no better place to stay than Aqualina Hotel. They got the best layout for a good kiter than anyone else: braekfast/lunch place, equipment, sevice for kiting, staff of american and european personal; really clean hotel; and a pool. Check out this link on the hotel and do not listen to anyone else:
http://www.dare2fly.com/hotels/hotels.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I recommend you call them and negotiate the price for the room: take the best room available - it is still cheap as a dirt and worthy every penny. Dominican is extremely poor country - do not go with the "least expensive" deals - you will regret. Staying there (in Cabarete) can be "sketchy".

extremecabarete
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, CABARETE
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: kite surfing
Brand Affiliation: Caution! Liquid Force

Postby extremecabarete » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:49 am

gennady wrote:I have been in Cabarete a couple of times: if you are a "kiter", there is no better place to stay than Aqualina Hotel. They got the best layout for a good kiter than anyone else: braekfast/lunch place, equipment, sevice for kiting, staff of american and european personal; really clean hotel; and a pool. Check out this link on the hotel and do not listen to anyone else:
http://www.dare2fly.com/hotels/hotels.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I recommend you call them and negotiate the price for the room: take the best room available - it is still cheap as a dirt and worthy every penny. Dominican is extremely poor country - do not go with the "least expensive" deals - you will regret. Staying there (in Cabarete) can be "sketchy".
Not all places that are inexpensive are sketchy. Our security is just as good as anyone else's and I've lived here with a family and never had a problem.

The DR is anything but poor. Perhaps you missed the fleet of Ferrai's driving down the street today for Semana Santa. Uneven income distribution yes, but hardly poor.

Sounds like your advice is 'sketchy'

Return to “Travel”