Forum for kitesurfers
brandon bowe
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Eclipse 2008 6m Nano

Postby brandon bowe » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:48 pm

I just flew a 2008 Eclipse 6m Nano in with constent winds of 20mph with gusts of 35-40mph. It was the best kite i have ever flown. I am 5'7 and weigh 120 lbs and i was able to hold down that kite with no problem because of all the depower but at the same time a person weighing 170 lbs was just as powered. That kite will jump 25ft with no problem and stay in the air for such a long time you feel like you will never come down (unless you would like to). I could do a powered kite loop and get a feather soft landing. The bar pressure was perfect i could feel right where the kite was but with out getting my arms tired. You could ride down a wave with no power or shoot down the face with extreme power. I would recommend this kite for any rider of any weight.

RAL INN
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sandy Point
Favorite Beaches: Pt Danger, Torquay, Aust.
Sandy point, Aust.
Nananu-i-ra, Fiji.
Style: freeride/waves
Gear: Zeeko Krush 12m, 9m, Notus3 10m.
Bhoot130x 39 TT, Zeeko Slash surfboard
Brand Affiliation: Naish, Zeeko.
Location: Victoria, Australia./instr+retailer www.krakentours.com

Re: Eclipse 2008 6m Nano

Postby RAL INN » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:15 am

brandon bowe wrote:I just flew a 2008 Eclipse 6m Nano in with constent winds of 20mph with gusts of 35-40mph. It was the best kite i have ever flown. I am 5'7 and weigh 120 lbs and i was able to hold down that kite with no problem because of all the depower but at the same time a person weighing 170 lbs was just as powered. That kite will jump 25ft with no problem and stay in the air for such a long time you feel like you will never come down (unless you would like to). I could do a powered kite loop and get a feather soft landing. The bar pressure was perfect i could feel right where the kite was but with out getting my arms tired. You could ride down a wave with no power or shoot down the face with extreme power. I would recommend this kite for any rider of any weight.

Well done Brandon, short and to the point. although at 5'7'' and that weight, do you have to be careful not to fall through the center hole in the bar :thumb:

pdkite
Frequent Poster
Style: balls to the wall. don't hold back
Gear: 2006 Airush Lift 10m and 12m
2007 Liquid Force Recoil 130 x 39

Postby pdkite » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:12 pm

brandon bowe wrote:with constent winds of 20mph with gusts of 35-40mph
lol

its good to hear reviews from the lighter riders. I hate having to always adjust wind ranges lower when considering a kite that i would try.
Good job :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:53 am

I heard you were throwing some crazy kite loops. We need pictures :lol:

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:15 am

I weigh 64kg and use a Nano 6m with a surfboard for 80% of my sessions. Fast and direct with excellent wind range ( 15 to 30 knots in my configuration). Could certainly hold it in stronger wind but I also have a 4m.

RAL INN
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sandy Point
Favorite Beaches: Pt Danger, Torquay, Aust.
Sandy point, Aust.
Nananu-i-ra, Fiji.
Style: freeride/waves
Gear: Zeeko Krush 12m, 9m, Notus3 10m.
Bhoot130x 39 TT, Zeeko Slash surfboard
Brand Affiliation: Naish, Zeeko.
Location: Victoria, Australia./instr+retailer www.krakentours.com

Postby RAL INN » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:22 am

here is a report of first session on a nano6m from a girl of 48kg, accomplished wave rider in both windsurfing and kitesurfing.

"yahoo! the kite arrived yesterday! In WA everything takes a tad of time......
I went out for a quick session yesterday - in ocean chop with approx 22 knots of wind. I usually have to launch by myself and so I use the tow ball of my car - but I am parked in between a sandy spit of land between the ocean and a large river mouth... (Where the sharks park to sunbake too)

The kite felt really stable to launch and land from the car towball and the amount of depower is a huge bonus factor - for all round conditions and riding factors (ie twin-tip, surfboard, waves etc) I actually had it on the advanced settings - but will adjust this today.But I believe that the kite will be unreal in wave conditions and easy to park the kite in riding down the line -
but then also be direct in its power to turn in light winds.There appears to be a consistent pull of power (but stable) in all arcs needed when in the waves/turning/parking the kite etc. cool! So I cannot wait to keep on trying it out this week and I will try to get some pictures. I will have to train my dog to use the camera!

Thanks again! And I will let you know of the session updates! The colours are great too!

"end quote

dfunk
Rare Poster

Postby dfunk » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:11 am

Anyone try the turtle setting vs. the rabbit setting on the Nano 6M? What was the result? Slower turning? Less power? Like/no like?

brandon bowe
Rare Poster

Postby brandon bowe » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:26 pm

not on the nano but i have on the thruster, and there is some speed difference, i havent flow it enough to get every deatail but there is a difference

K3rM1t
Frequent Poster
Gear: North

Postby K3rM1t » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:45 pm

I've only had one session on my Nano 6m and it was the most fun I've had in ages! I'm about 175lbs and was riding a 142X40 in winds that I would guess where about 22mph. Took me a second to get used to the insane speed of the little bumblebee but once I got out riding I couldn't stop laughing. Little thing was sine-ing all over the sky, went anywhere I told it, and was just too much fun. Got to ride some channel swells and I can tell I'm going to love this thing in the surf with a surfboard.

Only problem is I never get enough wind 'round here to fly this little guy.

It's hard to go back to a 16m kite day in, day out while that little Nano sits lonely in my garage.

Return to “Kitesurfing”