Forum for kitesurfers
INOKI
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The perfect trim for GK TRIX 2008

Postby INOKI » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:59 pm

I'm riding for 3 months the new GK TRIX 2008, and I have tryed all the possible configurations for the bridles.
As the manual says, also in the official web Site:

http://www.globekites.com/08/-=GLOBEKITES=-.html

"You can customize your kite for your preferred flight characteristics. There are two basic options to adjust the A-KPO.
Forward: Move the A-KPO (and your rear lines) forward for more bar pressure, responsive steering and tighter turn radius (use attachments F1 or F2 with F4). The rear Line attachment should match the forward attachment of the A-KPO eg F1 with B1, F2 with B2 and so on).
Rearward:Move the A-KPO backwards for feather light light bar pressure, and a more balanced kite with better light wind and upwind performance (use attachments F2 or F3 with F5). Also move your rear lines back towards the trailing edge."

The perfect combination is F1 and F4 with back on B2 (IMO) ! In this trim the bar pressure is less, the responsiveness is at the top as the pivotal turn increased ! Perfect for WAKE STYLE and WAVE Riding as you know. ( I like this trim for sure :thumb: )

Conversely F3 & F6 with B2, will cause the kite more power but much more pressure on the bar and less overall speed of the kite, like turning speed and pivotal.

I wonder of this test because it is inverse as written on the kite " - bar pressure +" and on the web site "Move the AKPO forward (F1-F4) if you like more bar pressure, and feeling through the rear lines.... Move the AKPO back (F3-F6) if you like more feather-light bar pressure, more feel through the centre lines..."

I'm having much fun with this bridle configuration. :cooltext:

Any Trix user agrees with me?

Inoki.
Attachments
trix 2008.jpg
trix 2008.jpg (127.61 KiB) Viewed 1620 times

kovacs
Medium Poster

Re: The perfect trim for GK TRIX 2008

Postby kovacs » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:40 pm

hmm... are you sure what you're saying? I would state quite the opposite:

F1 + F4 : increased bar pressure, more feel trough rear lines, more C-style, more aggressive
F3 + F6 : light bar pressure, pivotal turn, better depower, more sonic like behaviour

its what i tried (and preffered F3 + F6) and its what written on gk web.

Are you sure you did not made mistake?

(ps. i'm talking of '07 Trix, but they seem very similar to '08)

INOKI
Frequent Poster

Postby INOKI » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:20 pm

Yes I'm sure about I have written. It's strange also for me, but this is my feeling tryng the TRIX 08.
:thumb: :D

INOKI
Frequent Poster

Postby INOKI » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:22 pm

Anyone has tryed this configurations, whit this 2008 kite ?

Litewave Dave
Frequent Poster

Postby Litewave Dave » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:47 am

F1-F4 in the front should be the heavy bar pressure and fast turning

F3-F6 in the front should be the lightest pressure.

The first position makes the sheeting pivot point along the LE while the second position moves the pivot point back a couple of feet.

-Dave

INOKI
Frequent Poster

Postby INOKI » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:23 am

I know that, but in old C kites (also GK Lift or Curl) with multiple att. points, when i was moving back the front lines (from F1 to F2 or F3) the kite was more grunty and slow. Viceversa more light bar and speedy. :roll:

I know there wasn't the AKPO in some kites but the principle was the same. ....Or i am wrong ? :idea:

All comments are well accepted .... ! :thumb:

p.s. Thanks Dave :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”