Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

ocean rodeo mako wide - anyone bought one yet?

Forum for kitesurfers
ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Re: ocean rodeo mako wide - anyone bought one yet?

Postby ORSales » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:12 pm

Ronnie - PM me and we will see what we can do about getting a board out to demo to you. S29Feb, I believe I just sent you an email with regards to this same thing.

Right now, as Ben says, we are in the midst of opening a Holland based European warehouse. We expect to have it opperational by May 1st, 2008. Traditionally our sales have been frustrated in the UK, and the rest of Europe, by delays in delivery due to the time to get things overseas. Once opperational the European warehouse will be capable of delivering instock items anywhere in the EU within 2 days of the order being placed.

If you have a shop you wish us to work with please let us know the name of them and I will gladly follow up with them. We have working relationships with many UK shops but few currently stock our full line up. With the inclusion of the European warehouse and the resulting reduction in our equipment costs we expect our pressence to grow significantly in both the UK and Europe.

JohnZ

s29feb
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby s29feb » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:44 pm

ORSales wrote:S29Feb, I believe I just sent you an email with regards to this same thing.
John no email has arrived.....

Ronnie where you based maybe we can both have a go on this thing as I'm dying to try this board ?

irishbison
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby irishbison » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi Ronnie & S29feb.... I got my 150 x 34 Mako from Richard Thompson last year - very enthusiastic, helpful and definately the man to speak to as Ben Vine says

ed257
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ed257 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:27 am

I understand that the mako wide has a huge range but is obviously not the ultimate light wind board. For those of you who have ridden it, what size flat board does it compare to in its low end?

Thanks,

Ed

rodeoclown
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Carkeek Park, Seattle
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop ambassador for Urban Surf in Seattle

Postby rodeoclown » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:42 pm

thats a good question...one that has been in the back of my mind ever since I rode the wide for the 1st time when it was just a proto-type.
I sold my skywalker pro at 135 x 48 to get the wide, and I think I gave up a small amount of low end by changing from a big wide flat twin tip to the drawn out surf shape with 18mm of concave wide.
Using them back to back, the big wide flat board can mush its way upwind in lighter winds, but once the winds pick up a bit, the mako out points and speeds past everything out there. Plus the toeside experience is the best you can get....way better than standing on your tippy toes trying to hold that toeside edge on a big flatty.
Don't get me wrong here, I love that skywalker pro, awesome pop and amazing range.
I just seem to blend better with the mako wide because it makes free riding so darn easy!
The ride reminds me of those flipped tip windsurf boards I used to ram at full speed though nasty river chop and swell at the gorge.
Here are a couple more shots of my friend Doug last weekend riding the wide...

ed257
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ed257 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:55 am

John Z and EvanOR,

Does OR have any plans to introduce a shorter version of the mako wide next year - like the mako pro 134 but wide (42 or something)?

Ed

EvanOR
Very Frequent Poster
Location: California, US Sales Ocean Rodeo Kiteboarding/Hyperflex Wetsuits

Postby EvanOR » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:15 am

ed257 wrote:John Z and EvanOR,

Does OR have any plans to introduce a shorter version of the mako wide next year - like the mako pro 134 but wide (42 or something)?

Ed
Ed,

It's a bit too early in the game to be releasing details on 09 product.....you'll have to wait and see! :)

Cheers,

Evan

Ocean Rodeo

Choose Performance over Hype

ed257
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ed257 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:49 pm

My Mako wide is on order. Stay tuned for my review.

Evan and OR, any suggestions on the best stance to optimize the performance of the Mako wide board?

Do I just go with what is comfortable for me, or does this board somehow work better with a slightly wider or narrower stance than conventional boards. Once I stick the pads on they are tough to move.

Thanks,

Ed

EvanOR
Very Frequent Poster
Location: California, US Sales Ocean Rodeo Kiteboarding/Hyperflex Wetsuits

Postby EvanOR » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:59 pm

Hi Ed,

That's a tough one......I used the narrowest set up but most of the Crew at Crissy has them wider - boils down to preference. If I was you, I would use the same stance set up as you do on your skinny.

Cheers,

Evan

Ocean Rodeo

Choose Performance over Hype

Bfay
Rare Poster

Postby Bfay » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:41 pm

Can't wait to try one....

Evan...when are you going to be at 3rd?

Return to “Kitesurfing”