Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New Safety System from Pro Limit

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:50 am

@Toby:

Would it be so bad if it opened accidently in one of a hundred cases. The kite dropped and depowered. Remember you still have the safety leash. So grab your bar, hook in again and off you go.

The only negative point I see is that rotation won´t work anymore.

Positive point is that you don´t have to search any ball or whatever to release. The trigger always is in place so you easily find it in an emergency situation.

By the way, this system was offered to Naish at the boot fair this year, but Naish refused.

Tim

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:50 am

@Toby:

Would it be so bad if it opened accidently in one of a hundred cases. The kite dropped and depowered. Remember you still have the safety leash. So grab your bar, hook in again and off you go.

The only negative point I see is that rotation won´t work anymore.

Positive point is that you don´t have to search any ball or whatever to release. The trigger always is in place so you easily find it in an emergency situation.

By the way, this system was offered to Naish at the boot fair this year, but Naish refused.

Tim

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:22 am

Tim you might be right.
but what happens if it opens while you are doing a trick like one foot, pull a nee close to the trigger and boom! gone in 5+ m height?
Maybe it will never happen, but what if?
I wouldn't feel safe anymore and with every jump I'm afraid.
But on the other side it is easy to get rid of the depower just by pushing.
We will see if there will be any not wanted openings (hopefully not!)

Toby

NIKS
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby NIKS » Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:36 am

@TIM
TO MY OPINION THE FACT IT CAN OPEN BY ACCIDENT IS AS MUCH AS DANGEROUS AS IF IT DOESN'T.
DON'T FORGET YOU ARE NEVER ALONE IN THE WATER. AND BEING DISTANCE YOUR FRIEND, YOU'VE GOT TO REACH IT FIRST.
HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE A BOAT THAT DROPS YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF A NICE SPOT FAR FROM BEACH OR SWIMMERS? HOW MANY OF US INSTEAD START FROM A CROWDED BEACH?
CHEERS
NIKS

Geronymous
Medium Poster

Postby Geronymous » Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:30 pm

I see the picture with the "golden" metal pieces (above)... I understood from another forum that this is a custom modification of a prolimit hook, not something you can buy... I do not have access to the parsimony link (business filters): is that picture coming from there or is the hook which is being referred to this one?: http://www.boardsports.nl/prolimit-safe ... sehaak.jpg
Or are we talking about something else? In that case, can somebody put the picture in the forum? Thanks a lot in advance!

SKIBUMNCO
Medium Poster

Postby SKIBUMNCO » Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:45 pm

John
Alls well sometimes im just lazy... ANGRY me no never... Just stoked on this whole kite thing..
SKY HIGH
STEVE

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:07 pm

Hi Geronymous!

Olli from Kitesurfing Kiel put that picture on the web. It is a prototype and it will probably make it into production. Currently talks should be going on.

Tim

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:21 pm

This (http://www.boardsports.nl/prolimit-safe ... aak.jpg)is exactly the one I was refering to in my original posting, not the custom solution presented on German TV last night. So does anybody have any experience with this quite solid looking ProLimit system? It does not look like it would open by accident ...

Geronymous
Medium Poster

Postby Geronymous » Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:42 pm

I don't have any experience with it yet, but I have already ordered it and should have it at home in a couple of days I hope. I plan to do some testings with it (being dragged on the water) and will report out asap. On the other hand I have seen some feedback from other people who have it, and they are definitely positive about it.

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:51 pm

In Cabarete, we have a guest from South Africa who has the new prolimit safety bar. He's tested it and it works quite well. the only thing is to release, you have to do a quick bang with your hand so you don't get your thumb caught in it. At kitexcite, we have ordered the new prolimit and solid bars for testing. will also try to get the s2 but the others will be here within the next 10 days. Will post something asap.

Marina
Kitexcite
Cabarete, DR

Return to “Kitesurfing”