Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:47 pm

do you mean if the Naish quick relaese works?

SKIBUMNCO
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby SKIBUMNCO » Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:01 pm

oops the link for everyone else if interested is...
phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1264&orum=1&8
Toby take a look I was think of a diff type of aligator clip..
SKY HIGH
STEVE

SKIBUMNCO
Medium Poster

Postby SKIBUMNCO » Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:03 pm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SKIBUMNCO on 2002-06-13 17:15 ]</font>

SKIBUMNCO
Medium Poster

Postby SKIBUMNCO » Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:19 am

Hello friends and Toby check this link out just as an idea... http://www.antal.it/inglese/index_en.htm.. click on rope cluth...Toby the Servo cleat is similar to the dog/aligator cleat I was trying to mention.. But it wouldnt have the metal going over the teath.. All one would have to do if this was permantly attached to one side of the harness. And instead of the nylon strips we sinch down. A rope would be atachted to the same side as the Sevro cleat permantly.. then accross to a simply mounted pully back thru the harnees eye or hook. Then cleat it down into the Servo cleat.. So this would mean the harness would be as tight as you wonted to sinch it down.. to release it.. simply pull out-ward and let go.. The rope pulls reverse out of everything there for letting loose of the controll bar..

NOW looking at the so called v-grip maxi..
This cleat looks like something we could use also... Maybe even a better Idea! Now my Wipika bar main hoop is simply attached w/ velcro.. So imagine this, on one side instead of velcro. we simply mount a similar product like this v-grip to only one side of the hoop... Putting the rope thru the v-grip
it sinches down and makes it permanent.. It appears that all is takes to release that side thru the v-grip would be to pull aprox 1-2inches and the hoop pulls out and simply releases the hoop from the harness hook!
Now again I see this only for the main hook not the chicken loop.. But hey it may be a start.. I think we should use some of this sailing tech. to improve are safty.. Im sure there are kinks that can be worked out...
Now im just a rookie to everybody else.. Why cant they kite manufactors check out similar options.. Theres products out there.
SKY HIGH
STEVE

I'll continue to look at other poss sailing tech. that can help and let you know..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SKIBUMNCO on 2002-06-13 17:12 ]</font>

SKIBUMNCO
Medium Poster

Postby SKIBUMNCO » Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:26 am

sorry cant get these damm links to work..
http://www.antal.it/inglese/index_en.htn

Louis Cypher
Medium Poster

Postby Louis Cypher » Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:30 am

Yeah guys that's it (nearly; still very big!)! Thats the clutch i'v been searching!

Just have to search where i can buy it. I allways wanted to change my above mentioned setup ( my real name is Markus Grebenstein *g*) to a version with a rope instead of the belt. The belt version deviates the hole plate upwards which is somekind of uncomfortable for the stomach :wink:. I think i will realize it during the next days

Greetzz

Louis

SKIBUMNCO
Medium Poster

Postby SKIBUMNCO » Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:09 pm

Hello Markus
Glad a rookie can give new idea's...Hey just click the last link/blue highlited address on the very last post of page 1.. It will take you right to it... Im going to continue to search for rope cluthes... Theres still diff kinds out there... Im looking for one that might me mounted horizontal and small enought to mount just one side of the hoop to the control bar... That may be easier so we would have to change the whole harness..
SKY HIGH
STEVE

SKIBUMNCO
Medium Poster

Postby SKIBUMNCO » Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:16 pm

Hey take a look at this one...www.sailnet.com/store/item.cfm?pid=25407

.. This looks like you could mount it to the bar and release it w/ your thumb.. Saiz its perfect for gusty conditions and has good strenght...
Theres other items that one could work w/ also... http://www.sailnet.com/store/departments.cfm?id=208
have a look friends
SKY HIGH
STEVE...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SKIBUMNCO on 2002-06-13 19:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SKIBUMNCO on 2002-06-13 19:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SKIBUMNCO on 2002-06-13 19:24 ]</font>

SKIBUMNCO
Medium Poster

Postby SKIBUMNCO » Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:28 pm

ok that link didnt work. try this one.
http://www.sailnet.com/store/item.cfm?id=25400

damm... thats not working either.. just to to http://www.sailnet.com/store/departments.cfm?id=208
Go to ROPE CLUTCHES... Take a look at what they call SPINLOCK PX POWERCLEATS/SINGLES... OR HELL DOUBLE COULD WORK ALSO..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SKIBUMNCO on 2002-06-13 19:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SKIBUMNCO on 2002-06-13 19:38 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:47 pm

Really like the idea in the original post as I've started to worry about what happens if the shackle jams.

Return to “Kitesurfing”