All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Where can u get info online for newbies
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:39 am 
Rare Poster

I am totally new to the sport, and like to read on line about what you have to learn and what kind of gear there is, before I even take a lesson, cause the more you know before you take a lesson the more you can learn. Any websites out there to get this? :?:

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Where can u get info online for newbies
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:21 am 
Rare Poster

awesome...it's definitely good to know what you're doing before you get out...

a pretty decent site that i've found is

http://www.abc-of-kitesurfing.com

I love reading up on kites, techniques, etc...

Just click on "info" & you'll find info on kites, needed gear, safety, wind, etc...

...but quite possibly the best is the home page "free online lesson" where our animated friend (i keep wanting to name him, but the name's not really coming to me yet...) gives a pretty decent how-to on the basics that you would learn at your first lesson. He has such a radiance about him! Maybe it's the way he says, "I'll teach you online!" ...such fresh enthusiasm!

lol

also check these youtube links out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcPgf61YLsc (part one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7yg2jVl ... re=related (part two)

...sweet & homemade, but good info before a first paid lesson

As far as kites, you may want to check out the March issue of "kiteboarding" where you'll find an overview of 27 new kites. This will allow you to compare new technology with all of the information that you find on the web. Plus, this is a great magazine to have around, anyway.

Brand preference is sometimes like music preference...it depends on the kind of person/rider you are, and the culture that you may or may not be feeling...a good place to start are the reviews on this site.

: )

smiles and delight to you

glad ur here

here we go.......:thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:28 am 
Rare Poster

Solstice,
Thanks for the links. I also found a posting here that directed me to the Zero to Hero DVD from realkiteboarding.com It looks like an excellent instruction video, I'm going to order it (having problems with their website not accepting my credit card info) and their next video Evolutions.

I'll check out Kiteboarding mag also.

I'm going to try to learn as much as possible before taking lessons (definitely will do).

Now I need to find a good instructor.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:32 pm 
Rare Poster

Hey, I'm also semi new at the sport. I've started about 5 years ago but crashed my motorcycle so i needed to wait until i git surgery (last month). I forgot how to set up my lines. I have the 4 line set up and was just wondering if there was anywhere i can go to strike my memory (my instructional manual has since been incognito. Thanks,
Bobby
Hazlet, NJ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:30 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi. You can check out GoKitesurfing.Info.
We got so hooked and obssesed with kitesurfing, that we've decided to put togheter a online resource full of easy to access information. We're still working on it. So check it out and let us know if you like it. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:18 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Check out the MayJune07 issue of the free online version of The Kiteboarder Magazine. It's our annual instructional guide. If you have a shop or school nearby, call them and see if they have our latest issue. We just started shipping our June08 issue, which is our updated instructional gear which almost doubled in content.

Please note this is a supplement ONLY and not meant to replace lessons. Please take lessons from qualified instructor or school!

http://www.thekiteboarder.com

[ 6 posts ]