Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Warrior WAC or Maniac WAC vs. Ozone Frenzy?

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Urban
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Warrior WAC or Maniac WAC vs. Ozone Frenzy?

Postby Urban » Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:20 am

Ok guys. anyone with experience with those kites?

I use my kite (Aeros Virus) exclusively on snow but thinking of getting a new kite for next year. The Frenzy looks nice but if one would compare with the Warrior WAC or Maniac WAC (or even with the UDS from http://www.Paraflysurf.ch) excluding the WAC; all for use snow:

-stability
-DE-power effect.
-Handling.
-windrange

etc.

Manfred I think you have experience with this so let us hear it.

/Urban.

RC-Kiter
Frequent Poster

Postby RC-Kiter » Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:16 pm

Last weekend I tried a Warrior 16.5 with Wac system, after having flown it once with the pressureless system before, and can tell you that it boosts up the performance of the kite.

All what's said about it is true, the pressure on the bar and the increased "pop & lift" you get from pulling in the bar is very noticable and really helpfull, turningspeed is also better, if you can get 1 cheap and rebuild it with WAC-system it will be a very nice kite.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:31 am

you cannot, get a maniac with a wac system and flysurfer have no intentions to wac the other warriors, so if you want the little bit extra you would get on the smaller warrirors, off to manfred you go....

or just get a titan..
more pull and depower than a frenzy, and it won't drink water like the open vented frenzy. and it has better stability than everything but the arcs, but with proper performance.

Urban
Rare Poster

Postby Urban » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:58 am

Reply to sq225917

http://www.kitesyndikat.de has a WAC-kit to the smaler flysurfer kites (with permission of flysurfer).

/Urban.

Paraflysurf
Frequent Poster

Postby Paraflysurf » Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:28 am

Hai Urban,

You have a KITE-CLONE and you have a BAR Clone.

With none of the kites you mentioned you will have more fun than with your actual set.

I told you before :

When you want a kite for snowboard only, stable and forgiving, with power, good quality, and low price

Take a GIN YOZ !

If you think of getting a surf kite, take a Warrior and add the WAC or UDS.

Manfred

Urban
Rare Poster

Postby Urban » Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:45 am

Hello Manfred,

Yes, I know you told me before that the Gin Yoz would be the best kite for me. I mean, if I would get into jumping and stuff maybe the Yoz is the best thing, maybe the PKD-century or even the G-arc is a better kite when everything is added up.

But as you also told me you hated Ozone, subsequentely not selling them, for "stealing" the de-power system from FS. This is why I do not think your opinion regarding the Ozone kites is realy objective and that is why I have posted this on the forum, to get a second opinion from other people who have first hand experience.

By this I do not say that you are wrong you are most likely right. I am realy not that sensitive to the price of the kite (naturally within limits) this is why I want as much info as I can get of different kites before I make a decision. I mean, it is of no relevance if the kite is 900 euro or 1000 euros as long it fits my needs. On the other hand if the Yoz is so much cheaper and gets me the same thing, obviously I will choose that one.

I am still not completely convinced that an open celler is the thing for me since I often kite ski on lakes with a lot of water on top of the ice or realy wet snow. My friend has more than ones had to pack things up when filling the kite with wet snow and water. I, on the other hand, have continued with my closed celler.

Thanx for the input I will defenetely keep the Yoz in mind and it is a serious contender for my money, I assure you :thumb:

/Urban.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:39 pm

Urban, promise me you'll try the DIABLO before you decide. Snow teamriders say this is as close to tube-kite stability you can get using a foil!!! If you like it I will make you an offer you can't resist (I need some DIABLO's flying up north :D )! Also, in the beginning of next snow-season we will perform a promotion weekend at one of the bigger Swedish ski resorts (Åre, Riksgränsen el. dyl).

/Jonas

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:19 pm

I have two Frenzys (7,3 and 12m2). Have also flown Flysurfer Warrior and Psyco on snow (+ lots of other foils but only these with depower).

The Psyco has the biggest hangtime around but is unstable as few. Very easy to collapse and will easily tangle the bridles once collapsed. Flysurfer kites need to be flown differently from most other kites. When going for a jump you have to be fully depowered and only pull the bar to you once in the air. Then you will get a second burst of air. With full power (bar against body) the kite is really slow.

The Frenzy behaves very much like an inflatable and is very stable. Personally I much prefer the Frenzy.

If you would like some more info just send me a mail.

Best regards,

Ole Lie
Bergen, Norway
ohlie@online.no

diablo kite

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:39 am

Anonymous wrote:Urban, promise me you'll try the DIABLO before you decide. Snow teamriders say this is as close to tube-kite stability you can get using a foil!!! If you like it I will make you an offer you can't resist (I need some DIABLO's flying up north :D )! Also, in the beginning of next snow-season we will perform a promotion weekend at one of the bigger Swedish ski resorts (Åre, Riksgränsen el. dyl).

/Jonas
Hey Jonas, I kite board in Telluride CO and would love to get a diablo, what kind of deal could you give me.

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:57 pm

for WAC on warrior:

http://laracil.free.fr/wac/

Return to “Snow / Land”