Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
epaschalis
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Latitude Kites

Postby epaschalis » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:15 pm

see
http://www.latitudekiteboarding.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skyway Scott

Re: New Latitude Kites

Postby Skyway Scott » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:34 pm

see wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beating_a_dead_horse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

epaschalis
Medium Poster

Postby epaschalis » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:10 am

You can beat whatever you want as long as it is a horse dude.

epaschalis
Medium Poster

Postby epaschalis » Fri May 02, 2008 4:10 pm

The new 2008 Latitude Kites have have arrived in Greece.
Also the new 2008 bar arrived which is the first time commercially available.
The bar is super nice with allot of extras for riding unhook.

Next days there will be kites available for testing. Please contact Progressive Sports either by phone or e-mail for testing the gear.

In the next days the kites will be available in Alexandroupolis and in Thesaloniki for testing.
Attachments
tt g.jpg
tt g.jpg (63.01 KiB) Viewed 9177 times
t-01.jpg
t-01.jpg (33.85 KiB) Viewed 9178 times
Latitude 2.jpg
Latitude 2.jpg (42.89 KiB) Viewed 9149 times
Escalade 1.jpg
Escalade 1.jpg (48.67 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
LATITUDE KITEBOARDING 2008 BAR small.jpg
Last edited by epaschalis on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

montanna
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby montanna » Thu May 08, 2008 2:55 pm

do you think it would be possible to make the bar more full or useless features and confusing? Can't a company just make a simple bar? oh wait, Naish did it, Cabrinha is almost there. I think from the pics your bar has WAY too much going on.

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Thu May 08, 2008 3:14 pm

I think the bar looks nice. I like pull/pull straps and it looks like you have a retainer so it doesn't flop all over the place.

Only thing that confuses me is the push QR above the CL. If you are in a situation where the bar is all the way down I can't see how you'd have room to push the release away...plus I just think PULL releases are more intuitive.

The adjustment knots on the rear lines are nice. Good for quick adjustments when you don't want to run to the kite. Also let's you tune the bar and then still "square rig" the kite so you don't have to remember which knot you used last time. I wish more companies did this.

epaschalis
Medium Poster

Postby epaschalis » Thu May 08, 2008 6:53 pm

Hello,

The QR is push away and you will not have a problem with that, since when you are in a difficult situation that you need to release, you will definitely wont powering up the kite and you will be letting the bar go first thing.

As for the bar simplicity first try it and you will see that is way much better than most of the bars in the market. For me the most important aspect of this bar is the grip and the bar feeling as also the safety.
Last edited by epaschalis on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

woodfu
Frequent Poster

Postby woodfu » Fri May 09, 2008 3:14 am

Why all the hate towards Latitude?? The gear looks fine on paper, good even.

Do have to ask why the hell you would name a windsports company after a section of the earth that is renowned for its lack of wind?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_Latitudes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

epaschalis
Medium Poster

Postby epaschalis » Fri May 09, 2008 7:20 am

The concept is that this kite are so good that can fly even without wind :D .

The fact is that the technical advantaged and engineering of the kites are more difficult to implement in low wind conditions than in high wind. Everything can fly in high wind because the force of the wind will make it fly, but when on low wind, you need good engineering to fly, since the force comes from the aerodynamics of the kite.

I have been testing the:
12m Escalade
10m Escalade
14m Latitude
10m Latitude
and the 16m Tornado III

all these kites i flaw with the new 2008 bars.
I have been kitesurfing for 7 years and i am unhook for the last 3. I was with Naish kites for the first 4 years and i have tested most of the kites in the market.
The conditions i kitesurf are gusty in Kos Island and the water is choppy. The board i use is a custom wake pro 09 from Progressivesports which is a new school wake style kiteboard.
These kites are designed for conditions like the conditions i have mention.
No one can comment something about the ability of these kites to Fly well. Only comments on the Name (Latitude) is around.

The Latitude is a good low end kite, 4-line Hybrid (to bow) SLE which can produce a grant pull even when the wind is flaxuating. I am 80kg and it was first time of my kitesurfing experience that i was riding throwing unhook tricks at 10-11 knots of wind with a 134x40 wake pro kiteborad and the Latitude 14m. This kite produces allot more power for it's size...

The Escalade is a 5 line Hybrid SLE that has the most innovating shape in the market. Instead (like naish helix) changing the LE shape to influence the kite, Latitude Escalade made innovative changes by changing the shape of the Trailing Edge. The kite looks like a bat on the sky, but only at the trailing edge part. The wing tips are more wide than the center part which eliminates the problem that most Hybrid kites have, which is the slow pivot or general turning.m The par pressure is just fine and you will not need to look at the kite to see where the kite is at any time. This kite is great for jumping high, and the hang time is just crazzzyyyy. Trust me.... You can go unhook and the kite give a very sweek progressive power with nice drag and pop. The kite DOES NOT STALL when unhook and that is something we do not see very often on Hybrid kites.

The Tornado III is different from Tornado 2. This kite is a 5 line SLE C kite. The new kite fly allot sweeter, turns faster, bar pressure is reduced, wind range is increased and unhook is its name. The structure is not deforming at all and to make this kite stall, you need allot of effort. I ride the 16m unhook and this kite will not stall even when the wind drops to 12knots.

All kites are constructed with Dacron at the trailing edge, with one pump and you do not need to trim. They come ready. The weight of the new kite is reduced allot compared to the last 07 and that makes them fly even faster and in lower winds.

I anyone has the chance, just try some of them. You will be amazed. I have a test center in Kos for anyone that might come during the summer.

See ya all in the water and take care.
Last edited by epaschalis on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

makeijan
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cabarete
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete,Brazil, ....
Style: Frestyle
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby makeijan » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:05 pm

The logo is very ugly :jump: