Forum for kitesurfers
Neight
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cab IDS picture in the latest news

Postby Neight » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:21 am

You're looking at the Nuclear bar end by NEW kiteboarding.
It has a "second chance" self landing re ride ring and a reliable 5th line safety.
Attachments
Softbarendforum.jpg

Marc_87
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Slufter and Mirns
Style: Freeride/freestyle/oldskool
Gear: Powered by Flysurfer

Re: Cab IDS picture in the latest news

Postby Marc_87 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:31 pm

Weak.....

kitezilla
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitezilla » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:44 pm

On April 19, I asked the question:

"However, if the bridle does not have pulleys, and the back and front lines are separated from each other, like a SLE style kite, I wonder why they did not just use a back line re-ride safety. It looks to me that, if the IDS system does not adequately flag out the kite, that the system could be modified by converting the bar into a traditional rear line re-ride safety system."

The above statement was just a guess on my part, based solely on a picture of the line and bridle diagram, posted on their web site. It could be that the new IDS CrossBow will spiral out of control if released to a rear line re-ride safety system. I have no reason to believe that it would, but I wouldn't discount that possibility, without adequate testing.

The important question has not yet been answered, but if experience shows that the IDS 2 front line "safety" system is not a truly safe way to down the kite in the process of deep-water-self-rescuing in extreme conditions, then, I would imagine the above bar (or a simple modification to the IDS bar, to make it similar to the above bar), would be a solution to the possible problem.

First, however, it would have to be determined whether or not the IDS kite can be safely flagged out on a rear line. It would be best for Cabrinha to make this determination. However, if Cabrinha does not approve the use of a rear line re-ride safety system to flag out the kite on a rear line, then, I would bet that the user of such a rear line re-ride system would be in danger of voiding the warranty on the kite. Cabrinha could state that the rear line attachment points are not adequately reinforced to absorb the stress generated when the kite is being flagged on a single rear line. a precedent has already been set by The kite company ,Best, who has announced such a policy, where the warranty is declared void, if their Waroo kite is flown with the addition of a fifth line.

Time will tell...but don't hold your breath waiting for a response from Cabrinha on this forum. So far, they have been very tight-lipped about answering concerns voiced by KiteForum users. I would like to see a change in their policy concerning their lack of response to forum questions.

kakanala
Frequent Poster

Postby kakanala » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:38 pm

kitezilla is a flamer, or he is somehow against Cabrinha, or has too much spare time.

There's so many shitty release systems out there to be reviewed in depth.... and Mr. Kitezilla just keeps flaming against the most innovative, secure, safe one.

Sorry but I can find the point.

kakanala
Frequent Poster

Postby kakanala » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:39 pm

Oh, yes, and he is quite boring, too.

kitezilla
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitezilla » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:22 pm

Guilty as charged, your honor.

I throw myself at the mercy of the court in my quest for answers.

How about some?

Windfreeeek
Medium Poster

Postby Windfreeeek » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:08 pm

kakanala wrote:and Mr. Kitezilla just keeps flaming against the most innovative, secure, safe one.
That's a big claim! I think Takoon and or Slingshot had this system over a year ago..... ? Innovative, Not.... Secure ??? Safe -Like Recon perhaps? I guess Cab have to try and make a big deal out of this as after 4 years the kite's still the same old bow kite.... :-)

Peace out....

Neight
Medium Poster

Postby Neight » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:19 pm

NEW kiteboarding Nuclear bar end picture on the NEWS page under the title Cab IDS has been changed to a cabrinha product.

Thanks Toby.

Keep your eye out NEW kiteboarding is releasing another high performing kite with super new technology for 09. But we will properly test and release our 09 stuff closer to the year 2009. :roll:

kakanala
Frequent Poster

Postby kakanala » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:00 pm

kitezilla wrote:Guilty as charged, your honor.

I throw myself at the mercy of the court in my quest for answers.

How about some?
Sorry, I just meant your posts seem too aggresive. At the end your questions are legitime but the way you ask is a little bit aggresive, or at least that's what I think.

I'd like to hear from Cabrinha about what you have asked, too.

Cheers.

kakanala.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:52 pm

sorry, we had a bug in the news system, now solved.

sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Greets
Toby

Return to “Kitesurfing”