Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
crazyllama
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Comer saying hello

Postby crazyllama » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:00 am

I just wanted to say hello and where have I been. I recently built my own board (http://blog.brettschumann.co.uk/) and I never knew about this site. I spent many a month searching google for help and never came across this site once. Just spending 30 minutes reading topics and already I have learnt some more.

I am looking to hopefully building more boards in the future mainly as a hobby but maybe to suppliment my income in the future years. So any extra help, advice and information I can get would be really welcome.

Saying hello and thanking you all in advance.
Brett

Nico
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: private kitebeach on my doorstep,
Le Morne.
Style: wave
Gear: Drifter kites, wave boards
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, naish
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Comer saying hello

Postby Nico » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:06 am

Hi Brett.
Welcome to the joys of riding your own creations.
With time you will discover that making a board is just a matter of settling for compromises:
Length, width, Rocker, scoop, outline, materials, will all play havoc with your sleep and give you a kind of satisfaction only a shaper knows.
Selling your work is also very gratifying, but a long way from the start.
I will never forget the first "homegrown" surfboard I sold. It seemed way to cheap for the amount of love and time I put into building it.
Luckyly kiteboards are not as critical to shape and you should be having fun in less time than i did way back then.
Regards
Nico

Return to “Gear Builders”