Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: BIG AIR
Gear: Epic Screamer, Flysurfer Soul
Brand Affiliation: Epickites Cyprus Rep/Rider, Kiteflex team rider

Sol has been Eclipsed ( Thrusted )

Postby Soleas » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:44 am

That's right ( SOL is my nickname ) :D

Last year I had the chance to meet Dimitri Maramenides in Paros island and flew the Thruster 10m ( 2007 ) on the beach ( didn't have much time to test it on the water, my plane was leaving in 1 hour ). I did a few jumps on the beach and I was stoked with the feeling I got on that kite. I couldn't stop thinking about it on the plane, such a weird experience, I never felt like that for a kite . I couldn't wait to try it on the water.
Anyways, to cut the long story short, about 4 months ago a few Thrusters appeared on my kitespot so I asked my friend to have a go on his 8m ( 2008 ). After10 min of ride It felt like the kite of my dreams! Fast and solid flying, fast accelerated turning, explosive pop and jumps, hangtime, awesome feedback on the bar, bullet proof construction, lots of depower ( big range ), easy relaunch and so on. I have spent 4 months now on the Thrusters 10 & 8m on 20m lines and I just can't get enough of them. kiteloops are powerful and explosive ( Cshape style ) and the feedback on the bar is just too good.
Anyways, I don't want to talk too big, the Thruster is a kind of kite that should be flown to convince. If someone asks me on the beach about the Thruster I prefer to say '' here, have a go and you tell me '' saves me from talking, the kite talks for it self :wink:

Huge thanks to Dimitri and Chris for a superb kite and making me a member of the Eclipse team!

Any questions about the Eclipse kites and especially the Thruster please feel free to ask.

Best winds
Costas Soleas

Westwaves
Rare Poster
Style: My own in waves mainly
Gear: Surfboard ,and various kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sol has been Eclipsed ( Thrusted )

Postby Westwaves » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:07 am

Nice to see you have seen the light and aren't riding those pulley bar learners kites any more.

Good SLE's were always going to kick bow kites Butts 8)

Now all you have to do is get the other bow defender Scott M on to some decent kites as well :cool2:

Soleas
Frequent Poster

Postby Soleas » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:58 pm

LoL! Well, all he needs to do is to try one.

I remember Toby said that North isn't making a 16m Vegas anymore. Hey Toby, have you tried the Thruster? :thumb:

kiter147
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
Favorite Beaches: My own beach
Style: freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad, 9m/11m

Postby kiter147 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:57 am

i agree with you with thinking about the kite on the plane. that kite is awsome!!!

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:21 pm

Welcome to the team of the "Riders for the Riders". Loads of kites sold in 2008 partly to your input and although one cannot argue with ignorance many more riders are now seeing the difference between marketing hype and reallity.

For the first time in 9 years and after dealing with many other kite/board brands we haven't had to deal with a single warranty issue.

Westwaves
Rare Poster

Postby Westwaves » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:54 pm

Just upgraded a couple of my small slingys for a 6m Nano and a 10m Thruster.

Finally some decent kites that don't give away all the things I love about my 06 fuels.

Mind you the Revs are pretty sweet to, but I like the speed, price, warranty and solid feel of the Eclipse kites. :wink: and they look like they will last as long as my fuels have.

All I can say is try these kites out for your self and see what you think. Its the only way to sort out the hype and BS that goes around, and I'm not paid to say this. :thumb:
Last edited by Westwaves on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soleas
Frequent Poster

Postby Soleas » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:05 am

Thats a good combo, the 10m Thruster has huge range and the 6m Nano is awesome in the waves. I have the 10m as my big kite and sometimes I use it in 25-30kn for huge air. But the 8m on 20m lines is just my fav. 30-40kn and I just can't get enough of the speed on that thing.

The durability of the Eclipses is unreal. I still haven't witnessed a single issue and i've seen nano's being eaten by waves, thrown on rocks, pepples and always come back alive. I self launch/land my Thrusters 80% of my sessions and my kites look like new. No worries about the bladders either and I always pump them as hard as I can!

BullsShit.com
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Moks', Kailua, Town
Favorite Beaches: Town
Style: old school
Gear: Eclipse Thruster 8, 12. Nano 6
Underground 128 /39 (custom) 07(08)
Mystic harness, Blue Planet shorts, Off Da Lip rash guard
Victoria Secret under wear
Brand Affiliation: being a good friend

Postby BullsShit.com » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:16 am

congrats

Westwaves
Rare Poster

Postby Westwaves » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:53 pm

Yeh the 10m Thuster will be my big kite.
I ride waves most of the time so the surfboard and the 10m gets going early and the 6 Nano is such a sweet size.

I'm looking forward to breaking out the TT in 30knts with the 10m Thruster for some serious air. My old slingy 9m used to boost really well but The 10m thruster is a whole new deal :o :o

kiterfighter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterfighter » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:41 pm

Thank you so much!!!! ! Another non-biased review on this wonderfullly informative website. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”