C-loop length for full depower?

Forum for kitesurfers
tweak
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

C-loop length for full depower?

Postby tweak » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:06 pm

What is the minimum length of the C-loop line to get full depower of a GK sonic or Best waroo type bow kite?

Experimental player
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: C-loop length for full depower?

Postby Experimental player » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:23 am

Because it will go through pullies,
the length will need to be 2 x longer for the same depower result as a normal no bridle kite.

By the way there is no such thing as full depower. Dont be tricked by the dumbow marketing machine.

tinge
Medium Poster
Local Beach: vestfjorden
Favorite Beaches: hua hin thailand, best so far.
Style: newbe
Gear: blade beast 10, naish cult 13,5 mystic harness,
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tinge » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:41 am

OMG Experimental player.... of course there are such a thing like full de-power... every kite got full de-power... explained... the minimum power of a kite is full- depower... same thing if the kite is a old "C" kite or a bow kite.... same thing that is full power, is diffrent between kite sizes and brands.
what you are complaining about is the companys that sayes that there no pull from the kite when is`s fully de-powerd..... this is bullshit, yes everybody know`s this. like if you take your bed sheat out in 20konts wind there will be some pull from the sheat....
by the way I am not stupid, and i ride bow`s....(and i am not from a english speaking country).

by the way, i think the c-loop are diffrent length on diffrent kites.

see yaa out there

Kevin Salter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: 09 Eclipse Kima's, Surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None ride what I like

Postby Kevin Salter » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:15 am

tweak wrote:What is the minimum length of the C-loop line to get full depower of a GK sonic or Best waroo type bow kite?
It will vary from kite size and brand.

If you have a kite that your trying to tune, take it out and fly it in moderately powered conditions. Let the bar go up until the back lines just start to loose tension and the kite is parked with out pull.

If you reach the limit of your bar travel and need more, pull on the depower until you get the above result, then measure how much length you used in the depower, then add it to the CL.

As a start point, most SLE kites will need about 30cm min to maybe 40 cm for max depower.

Pick a day when the wind is steady to make the above easier.

tweak
Medium Poster

Postby tweak » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:34 pm

Thanks guys. I have been kiting for a long time, but I just decided to move to the bow kites finally.

In terms of the amount of depower, if you can attach the C-loop to a dog stake screwed into the ground to launch, its basically full depower as far as I'm concerned.

I was actualy looking at the stoppers on the lines that come on most bars now. Pushing the bar hard against them I could barely move the stopper up the lines. Do people really expect to force the bar past them in an emergency to get "full" depower?

Return to “Kitesurfing”