Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Which step-in?

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Which step-in?

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:01 am

Burton or K2 hiback or Flow....or another?
Which should i buy so i can launch a kite and then step in when well powered. I like the quick board off option with the K2's

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:57 pm

I use Switch bindings myself, i think they are ok. I've used them for 3 or 4 seasons now and they are still ok. I use these bidings kiting and snowboarding. Flow also looks good, when I'm going to change I'll chose between Flow or Switch. They say that Flow bindings works best with Flows own boots. Burton I dont know anything about. The K2 I dont like at all, the boot-binding interface is no good, easily freeze and clogg, its not so easy to step-in either with that tap underneath the boot, coz you dont see it.
anytime, Larz

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:54 pm

I don't think that you can call Flow bindings as "real step ins". The working principle is so different compared to Burtons SI or K2 clickers. Flows are somewhere between strap and step in bindings - the real advantage is that you can use whatever boots do you like.
I have used Flows for kitesnowboarding and on slopes, they are really
great and easy to use compared to at least straps- very solid feel and
those are quite stiff, easy to put on, but realeasing a boot from a
binding is sometimes a little bit tricky. But overall, a highly recommended
alternative for straps and surely you don't have troubles to put them on
on a deeps snow. It seems that Burton SIs and clickers have problems with powder or icy conditions as far as I have heard. :jump:

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:31 am

Flows!!

I picked up a set at the begining of the season and have loved them. Very easy to step in and out of when you have your kite overhead - took em out to the mountains a few times and couldn't tell them from hibacks. Saves sitting around fussing with ratchets and staps. Way better than K2 clickers which feel very vauge when riding on the mountains or half pipe.

SouthBasin
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby SouthBasin » Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:09 am

I'd say try the Flow's or Burton

I've used both the Rossignol and the K2 - both O.K. - K2 a little better but snow on the bottom of your boot can be a problem - also after 2 seasons the internal plate bent inside the boot making the boot useless.

I use the Rossi's now - O.K. but hard to line-up to get in and hard to get out of due to ice in the release mechanism

Cya
Chris

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:05 am

Thanks guys...I bought some flows, can see now that they'll be reliable and easy and I can use my old floppy boots for freestyle and get some new stiffer ones for speed/control.
Now I just need a custom board 158x30cm wide, because my feet are US size 12. That's a 32cm boot length. I have some Burton Floaters, but 27cm is still really draggy traversing powder.

Return to “Snow / Land”