Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
kakanala
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wainman Rabbits, ... again

Postby kakanala » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:24 pm

Hi there,

I have read everything available about the new Wainman Hawaii Rabbit kites.

I've not been able to fly one for myself, though.

So if you had any further info (whatever!) about these kites you think would be interesting, you are welcome to write it here.

Thank you!

Slisje
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Scheveningen
Style: Freeride
Brand Affiliation: www.hanglos.nl

Re: Wainman Rabbits, ... again

Postby Slisje » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:24 am

what more to know?!
Bomeproof construction, the best materials out there...
if you have the change compare it to any other brand
the fabric is much better!

I'm loving these kites!

kite4food
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kite4food » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:32 pm

There have been several rider reviews on Facebook. Search keyword Wainman riders.

We've moved lots of these kites over the past 4 months, with no reports yet of any breakage or complaints. Call us if you want more info on rider preferences and tuning.

www.skybanditz.com has the whole rabbit gang in stock with free global shipping.

Ken

jochi
Medium Poster

Postby jochi » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:53 pm

Hey,

Yeah great material really well made.

Do not leave the deflate tabs in the strut when you store the kite, but the valves "repair" themselves.

Been receiving excellent feedback and service from Mark, Sharon, and Shawn because I ended up buying the kites direct. However shop in FLA seems good too. Seems like sales are for any level of kiter, but if you already know how to kite, you will love these kites especially if you like to have a kite that likes to be flown.

Safety wise great depower, if you let the bar go (without stopper the kite will kill power and fall to the side of the window onto the water. Relaunch is really fast. Extremely direct steering and pull through the turn and loops.

I think they will come out with more instructions and a booklet for the kite soon because there are so many options to customize. Have heard that you can change smoke and gypsy to nonpulley C setup but have not tried. I have been riding them stock set up which has been good to me.

Having a lot of fun (no wind here :evil: ) but oh well. Went all in on smoke, gypsy and boss, and yes price wise we are up there with Naish but I come from Naish all the way from Aero II to Torch 4 and now I will not go back. With 3 struts do not miss one pump. Everything super simple and looks like its built to last. Very generous amount of parts (chick loop and rope) are sent with the kite as well.

The size range are great for high wind and wind above 14 knots for me on my surf or skim board (i weigh 168). Very grunty so kite choice is important even though there is lots of range in the 9.

I like to rig small kites so this is great for me.

Jochi

Slisje
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Scheveningen
Style: Freeride
Brand Affiliation: www.hanglos.nl

Postby Slisje » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:36 am

for eu customers or the netherlands
you can also contact me... :-)

kungfupete
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Melbourne
Favorite Beaches: Flat water
Style: Wake Style
Gear: Stonker Boards

Postby kungfupete » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:08 pm

Seriously the best kites I've ever flown. I've got every size. If your into unhooked handlepass stuff then these are without a doubt one of the best hybrids on the market. I recently started landing powered back mobes and its hugely because of the kite. Don't think about it too much! One of the important things to know is if you are going to make handlepasses then you really need to put it on the slowest setting at the wing tips. That way the kite will stay in the one spot.

dannyalvarez
Frequent Poster

Postby dannyalvarez » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:09 pm

I've been using these kites down here in PR... conditions. from flat water-choppy and waves..overall their great kites.. the build is Top Notch .. quality materials.. ...Coming from just pure C kite backround... and 7 loyal years to the C shape I was very impressed with the performance and simplicity of the Rabbits... Gypsy and Smoke are just like a high performance toyss.. so so fun both on 17m and 7m lines... and 24m lines 3 lengths to choose and to play...havent tried the direct connection without the briddle but imagine it is just as fun.. the Bar pressure is just perfect just in the middle actually keeps a nice tension in the lines just like an old school kite... somewhat like a truck... so much grunt... Wave performance is nice since it doesn't have a lag in the kite movement.so so so fast turning... but all depends on how you want to the kite to move in the waves... .The Boss is the big one On Black And GOLD>>>! it looks like pimp in the sky.....ready to execute.... great for light wind kitesurfing too and great range of wind.... you could ride in light conditions.. .... As far as boards... the BLUnt Board.TWIN TIP is also as top notch quality... ... coming from protoys... its was very confy..to get it dialed .. the rubber edges make a nice ..rails and single concave from tip to tip this combination of especific build materials make a A ++ plus Board.. cant beilive the light weight material used to make this HIgh Performance SO SO LIGHTWEIGHT !!!!! :jump: :jump: Toy :thumb: :thumb: .. .. \\Good things to you guys..

Danny WH Team

kakanala
Frequent Poster

Postby kakanala » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:10 am

Could somebody compare the Rabbits with other kites? I mean, no pimping, not underating other brands, just things like: The Eclipse Thrustr boosts higher than the Rabbit but when going for unhooked the rabbit's a much better kite.
Or: the rabbit is a nice wakestyle kite but still a pure C like a Fuerl/Torch/HadlowPro/Vegas is what a competent wakestyle rider will want.

If you think you can elaborate on this, I'd greatly appreciate.
Fair comparisons would help potential buyers (would help eveybody, actually) to know better who is this kite addressed to.
But please, please, do not flame any brand. Please. Thank you.

dannyalvarez
Frequent Poster

Postby dannyalvarez » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:55 pm

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Hey Yeah for sure...!!!!!!!!! I've been a Fuel/torch rider.. for a good time (almost going on 7 years). ..just recently turned WH...What can I say..... these C kites.. have evolve so much in the past few years making them super super high end/ high performance..and also dependable. .bottom line IT just comes down to preference on what you would like..... I think most of the kites out there nowadays are very good ....where all brands have their own unique special touch..... In comparison.....The Rabbits have a good range for being only 3 kites.... their options exceed the limitations of only one style of riding.......... but again comes down to what works of you... In my opinion I'm looking For versatility .....Might want to be on the lookout for the LOU c kite......

Ok hope this helps.; :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: if not will keep trying

dannyalvarez
Frequent Poster

Postby dannyalvarez » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:51 pm

kakanala??? :D :D

Return to “Reviews”