Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Is Cabrinha Black Tip slow and hard to steer?

Forum for kitesurfers
ERX
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ERX » Sun Dec 16, 2001 12:03 pm

Hi bros, As many of You I have been windsurfing addict for long years and finally decided to widen my adrenaline input source - bought Cabrinha Black Tip 12.2 (Y2000) but......afterwards in internet found website http://www.kitexcite.com/testcenter/oth ... index.html
where Black Tip is named as "SLOW AND HARD TO STEER". Further instructions how to improve performance of kite follows. Since in Latvia kitesurfing is quite new kind of sport and even dealers doesn't know much, probably You can answer these questions:
1) is Black Tip really slow and hard to steer?
2) if so, are those recommendations in website worth of attention?

Thanks in advance, ERX

ERX
Medium Poster

Postby ERX » Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:29 pm

...by the way,I have got some comments already here:
http://www.mediacity2000.com/biz/bksa/f ... Topic=2679
erx

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Dec 16, 2001 4:26 pm

Hi,

from my and other experience I heard about the 2001 Cabrinha isn't the greatest kite. There are some better, but always depending on what you care about. Some want the kites to be faster in turning, some want it slower.
For sure the new 2002 models will have better performance. Don't forget that this sport only just begun and Cabrinha had its first year on the market in 2001.
So the latest developments have been done this year and for sure they imprived the kites.

I don't know what your goal is, if you just want to buy one for your self or if you are a local dealer and shopowner.
Therefore you should come to the Boopt 2002 in Duesseldorf, Germany and check out what is new on the market, if you have the time to. Otherwise in this forum the newest kites will be displayed and everyone who tested these kites yet, is more than welcome to give our kite community their test reports.

Greetings
Toby

AdventureAntigua.com
Medium Poster

Postby AdventureAntigua.com » Tue Dec 18, 2001 2:38 pm

Yes the 12.2 is a little slow which means you have to work it a little more in light conditions. I just got a longer bar and it works fine. When you are trying loads of crazy tricks you son't want a super fast kite anyway. However, when you are learning in light wind a slow kite is hard work. You can cut the ends and move the lines further out to the edges which will make it move faster and there are some good web sites on how to do this
http://www.kitexcite.com/testcenter/oth ... index.html
i didn't do it and still have loads of fun with my kite. You get use to it. My friend has a North that moves really fast and we still can go head to head no prob!
If you think its too slow for you then follow the steps above and it will make a huge difference.
The new 12.2 is faster i hear.
Eli

ERX
Medium Poster

Postby ERX » Tue Dec 18, 2001 4:38 pm

ok AAntigua,
some of my friends already consider to make those modifications...for me - obviously no reason to do that since I`m not a ripper jet.
Good to have Your valuable opinion.
erx

Return to “Kitesurfing”