kitezilla
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: where'd Fo go??

Postby kitezilla » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:30 pm

Windrider wrote:
rodeoclown wrote:

But, you know what happens to the highest and lowest scores in a contest... they get dumped.

In the case of repeat testing, the phenomenon of "regression to the mean" comes into play and the result is that the extreme (high and low) scoring individuals become more moderate, and their scores will be closer to the mean score of the group.

Will this repeat offender's foul language and insulting demeanor "regress to the mean" if allowed back on the forum?

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:41 pm

kitezilla wrote:In the case of repeat testing, the phenomenon of "regression to the mean" comes into play and the result is that the extreme (high and low) scoring individuals become more moderate, and their scores will be closer to the mean score of the group.

Will this repeat offender's foul language and insulting demeanor "regress to the mean" if allowed back on the forum?
Regarding "regression to the mean"

Response from the "what-it-sounds-like-it-means" perspective:

Hopefully. If you're talking about the reward and penalty structure of social groups and peer influence, then that's the way society works... it's part of cooperation and learning to work together. We converge more closely to a common acceptable norm of behavior to be accepted in the society. It generally is a voluntary trade-off.

Response from the "what-it-really-means" perspective:
Do a fitness test on a bunch of subjects. Rank the subjects by their score and select the bottom half of the bunch. Retest the bottom half. The average score of the bottom half will probably improve somewhat on retest. Similarly, the average score of the top half will probably drop somewhat on retest. These changes in performance are called regression to the mean. The name refers to a tendency for subjects who score below average on a test to do better next time, and for those who score above average to do worse.

The group you select doesn't have to be the bottom or top half, and the test doesn't have to be the first one. Any group or even any subject you choose with an average score below or above the mean of all the subjects in a given test will probably move (regress) noticeably closer to the mean in another test. In general the scores don't move completely to the mean–they just get closer to it. It is therefore more accurate to call the phenomenon regression towards the mean.

OK, so low scorers tend to get better on retest, and high scorers tend to get worse? Well, no, actually. Depending on the nature of your data, the change in the scores towards the mean may be partly or even entirely a statistical artifact. If it's entirely an artifact, the true scores of the subjects don't really change on retest–it just looks that way. When that happens in, for example, a training study, your analysis might lead you to conclude that the least fit subjects got a big benefit from the training, whereas the fittest subjects got a smaller benefit or may even have got worse. In reality, all subjects may have increased in fitness by a similar amount, regardless of initial fitness. Your conclusion about the effect of initial fitness could be artifactual garbage.

Cause of the Artifact
Regression to the mean occurs because of noise (error) in the test score. Noise refers to the random fluctuations in a subject's score between tests–the typical or standard error of measurement. When you select subjects who scored low in one test, their scores were low partly because the noise just happened to make the scores low in that test. In other words, their true scores aren't really as low as the scores you selected. When you retest these low scorers, their scores in the retest will on average be their true scores (plus or minus the noise of the test, of course), so the scores are likley to rise. For the same reason, high scorers selected by you in one test are likely to fall on retest. Average scorers, on the other hand, are equally likely to rise or fall, so on average they don't change. The overall pattern is therefore for scores different from the mean in one test to regress towards the mean in another test.
Sounds more like an artifact of statistics rather than a poetic analogy for the impact of social rules on rebellious personalities.

Response from the "gut-level-response" perspective:

It depends totally on whether or not he/she is a chronic offender. He is named by his actions.
Last edited by Windrider on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:28 pm

kitezilla wrote:But, who now will point out the hypocrisy?

Who will be the "canary in the coal mine"? Who will be the "gadfly"? What other horse will be so sensitive to the "bur under his saddle"?
"I choose EP!" (Think Nash Ketchum throwing Pikachu into the fray....)

.. or Mulholland!

waveknave
Frequent Poster

Postby waveknave » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:38 pm

RickI wrote:This may be the third or fourth time he's been banned, hard to keep count. I think the reason he got flushed this time is he told the wrong person to "F-off" not me either. That has happened dozens of times over the years with no bans. Here's some of all this wisdom I keep hearing about from posts over the years. People really don't believe that do they? The guy is a troll with no interest in you or our sport beyond that. How can informed people conclude otherwise?

Stay the f*** away from me d-wad, you dip-shit, you pompous, stupid, mother-f-er

Fess up FIX YOURSELF or we are done,, u d-wads
This is why you shit for brains mofo's got a fuckin problem,,,
I would not give a shit,,,, but ,,,your fucin me in the process
Now i don't care if you respond and say ok fo I'll try
Im just sick to fucin death of listen to you assholes preach safety
Then go fuc up and the heat on the rest of us
I better stop,, you dicks a startin to piss me off

The promo angle fucking sucks for those who already have a clue. It's d-wad bait,,,we got enough (read: too many) d-wads already

Suggestion? kill yourself, just give it up...Bam !! blow your brains out, save everyone the aggravation. The vast majority of kiters are d-wads, yes and quite lame or if you'd prefer "innocent".

I don't mind folks being queer...
But sucking your own dick in public and then trying to play the homophobe aint cutting it.
If you're so anti fuc-wit why don't you shoot yourself?

Triple mother-f*** that idea,,,
Good kiters are just has theatening to my accsess as new kiters...
Triple mother-f*** that idea,,,
Money to who??
Mother-f*** making it about beach lords,, a pay-offs...
(respect my authorite ! no mother I love you and your authorite)
Fucking make it about money and someone is going to die...

Money grubbing fuc-wads,, ashole mofo pon pom wavers,,,f*** those carpetbagger dudes,

It's fine that you wish to kite and wear a hemet out of guilt but don't be playing Mr. Righteious,,
I just don't buy into that kind of crap.

Is you a college grad?
Can you fucking add??
I'm afraid, you lack the tools if you need to ask how...
Go fuck yourself,,,

O' no,,,
Not the Tob-stir too,,,
fuc-me,,,,O' woe is me...
O' dear,,,
You looking fo trouble Kraut boy?
lol,,
It's Black day when the Tob-stir himself starts yanking the chain...

There out there on a national level spewing bulshit advice and making
fool promises like,,you'll be drag into the water, you won't be lofted, the
bar will be ripped from your hands..etc.
These safety experts are a public hazzard, they believe what they say
They think it's a good thing, they want the fame and the money.
Ego and money that's what will get us banned.

pussy bars,,,pussy kites,,pussy style...
Rad bad, sad glad,,,,yeah,,,,this'll work lol,,,
Be all that you can be,,,hand me my slider wax jake, I'm bout to bust a move,,,got the camera ready???
I bet I'll make the cover,,,that is if I make it...
Hey,, rock-on with your cautionary cause...
as if,, f***-me,,as if

(May I have your attention please...)
You're all meatheads...
Fuc-jobs with a death wish...
(May I have your attention please...)
You're all meatheads...
Fuc-jobs with a death wish...

Looks like little fo is not getting enough attention on this forum.
He's spending more and more time doing what he does best at http://www.seabreeze.com.au - being a fucking troll
I'm tired of keeping him dancing. Can someone do that job for me???

The kite is much better at explaining than any pimpled dumb-fuc advocating pussy lessons.
Deepwater training with a kick-ass enabled (a kite you can actually kitesurf with ) kite is a Premium safety lesson and a actual (get your monies worth) boon to the rookie.

The kite is much better at explaining than any pimpled dumb-fuc advocating pussy lessons.

some drug crazed braindead loser, or a Kite shop owner..
BE SMART PAY THE MAN
fucking foolkiten,,ashole fuc-wad LOSER

On rick,it was his methods I questioned, and those vector stats spoke of a delusional veiw point,,,,couldn't help that,,,,
I like to swear,,, fuc-wad

Lawyers, insurrance companies, you fuc-wads just go kite, all you who crave authority can bite me.

not you rick you're all about safety and getting together for group hugs,you other guys, the ones with the pamphets you bite me.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2303867

OK, you dumb ass mother fuckers,
When you are ready YOU FUCKING KNUCKLE HEADS you can grab the high side of the bar and launch.
WHY DON"T YOU KNOW THIS TRICK?????
I know why BECAUSE YOUR FUCKING DUMB ASSES.
mother fuckers

Your a nice guy Rick but this sort of thing is just not cool. It's called denial.
I'm no saint but I do try to work the facts only, and let the chips fall where they may.
PPS Your diagram for a low kite in side on wid is pure horse shit.
Think it over Rick you may need a break to get your focus back
you do more harm than good when you're sick.

Rick wants to please everybody, (he is a caring soul) he is a caring soul in conflict.
Read our last encounter over his proposed promotional picture lemur and a rookie in bindings launching side by side? Lame? Ahh,, no cute. Get a clue Steve, Rick wants to grow kiting. Why? I do not wish to speculate. Finally every first week in kiting is the same for the new bee now as it was for you back then, you are alone with the kite and the wind etc. yes the info is good, God bless Rick, and no I am not going away till you admit kiting is not something to promote in mass. NO kiting is for us folks who seek the rush and my fight is to tell it like it is, if you are going to risk your safety then you deserve to know the truth.

So hook your mom up dude, and tell her she can manage the risk,,and if she gets diged up or dead tell her fokiten thinks your an idiot ,,and she was a fool for having a polite respect for a monster sport ,, hey,, find a way to get a clue,, real is real,,,like it or not,,,So if you got a problem with what I say hook your mom up,,,,and see how it works out????ahhh,,your an idiot with a language problem,,,I have a language problem with you idiots !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GET IT ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I guess not,,so go hook your mom up!!!!!!! and get back to me!!! MR I'm so absoluty innune to danger,,,MR. I can Handle it,,MR. not me MR. pure,,MR,,arcsrule,,,
go hook your mom up ,,, DUDE if your so sure about this,,,,
if not,,,KISS MY ASS,,
fuc-wad

Hi rick,,
just a note to say how glad I am that you have come to the relazation that kiteboarding is potentially dangerious to even the most expereienced among us,,,And with this realesation< SP) have adopted my veiw that inticing innocent guys and gals into kiting by hype, subjecting them to this danger for financial interests, calling them safety lessons,,,,is about the most morally bankcrupt plan I know of,,,

I arrive at the,,,, up-yours-kiss-my-ass phase,,, in mear seconds,, when confronted with a peusdo-mofo-know-it-all-respect-my a-thor-i-y kite association figure,,,,,fuc-you,,,d-wad,,,,like in seconds,,,
I quess Im just not one for associations,,,Im associated with the get the fuc-out of my face,,,theroy of kiteing,,,

I know that rick is number safety info guy,,GREAT,,thank you,
I also know (seems to me) He wants to Hype kiting at the same time,,,,
This is freakin me out,,,,I mean I can see the add,,,,seeing is beiliving,,,
Yet he sounds like the safety guy,,,and looks like the Hype dude,,
This keeps me on the fence with,Rick,,,what is in your head???
Sorry forum,,I know this is unpleasent,,but it is also,,a life/death issue
You dragged me out rick,,I was content just to ignore you,,
Are we on the same page,,ehhh??
Do you understand this fine point,,Do you?

What the fuc is your problem,,,,who the fuc are you to sit back
and critizie any one MOFO,,,
Shape the fuc up,,a=hole

An open letter to Rick Iossi ...

ENOUGH. This could go on for a dozen more pages.

There is way too much b.s. in the world. Why would anyone crave more and like this? Don't bother answering. He will be back no doubt for the fourth or fifth time to spread more of this wisdom and insight for the bored and impressionable.
hahahaha! too funny!
yep, he is one quotable cat aint he?
and yes he does bring up some valid points,
at least to, the bored and impressionable
wink

ahh, no biggie

so, right on
rock on,
party with your Foe gone...

:bye:

bobbi o
Frequent Poster

Postby bobbi o » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:17 am

anyone got any nice PM's from fokiten? found this in my inbox from back in 03. we resolved our differences since then. hope the mod lets him back some day. he's mellowing in his old age from what he used to be. like us all i suppose

.no answer huh,,?
just don't say anything if you can't back it up,,
your an nice person as far as I can tell,,so stay off my threads
until such time as you can back up what you say,,No biggy your
just submanly get a backbone or a clue,,
if you want to boast of your knowledge you gotta be willing to back it up
I am,,I do,,so fuc-off pussy
fokiten

FckGravity
Frequent Poster
Style: Wakestyle/Freestyle
Gear: Flexi HadlowPro's
Brand Affiliation: Crazyfly Team Rider

Postby FckGravity » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:42 am

Its a public forum, let him say whatever the f*** he wants, freedom of speech. Its dirt off your shoulders guys c'mon. Let him back

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa Bay area
Brand Affiliation: School owner,Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Kiteboarding Association
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:37 pm

This post is now part of the 100% EDIT PROJECT. :lol:
You're welcome Rick. :thumb:

suRff
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: my lifestyle

Postby suRff » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:37 pm

KiteboardingTampaBay wrote:This post is now part of the 100% EDIT PROJECT. :lol:

moderator: deleting a semi critical (imo accurate) post directed at your boy is so fucking lame.

SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SalmonSlayer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:44 pm

suRff wrote:
KiteboardingTampaBay wrote:This post is now part of the 100% EDIT PROJECT. :lol:

moderator: deleting a semi critical (imo accurate) post directed at your boy is so fucking lame.

suRff,

What post are you referencing?

waveknave
Frequent Poster

Postby waveknave » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:04 pm

Salmonslayer, i think this might be the post he was refering to
i didnt think it was that bad. ??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kiteboardingtampabay wrote....

*edited for kiteboarding tampabay...*

but i agree with ya!
Last edited by waveknave on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”