Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Question for kite racers????

Forum for kitesurfers
eduardo graf
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Praia Rasa, Buzios, Brazil.
Style: Kitewave,
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Naish
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Question for kite racers????

Postby eduardo graf » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:40 am

Yes I am still taking too much time to do a Jibe and I have to slow down to do it. I was thinking of stoping and turning the board, but if I am going ahead of other people what will happen if I suddenly stop? Will they crash on me? Will I go for the hall of shame for stoping and turning?
Just kidding, thanks for the advices...

thehand
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby thehand » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:19 pm

Fala Eduardo, olha quanto aos kites o Cult e o Helix tem bons rendimentos em percursos com contra - vento e traves, a diferença entre os dois é na intensidade do vento no vento mais forte o Helix é melhor e no fraco e medio o Cult, e podendo usar uma extenção de 4 metros nas linhas. Já quando o percurso tem uma popa o Torch com o sistema Smathloop do Aliance, ou seja a barra do Aliance ele funciona muito bom para regata, ele tem um bom rendimento no contra - vento e traves e na popa é muito melhor que os kites flat (Bow). Já as pranchas estamos usando uma bi-quilha e ela tem tido bom rendimento no contra-vento e no traves estamos testando uma nova prancha com duas quilhas pequenas na frente das quilhas maiores, tipo dois estabilizadores, tem dado mais estabilidade no traves. Se você quizer mais detalhes me adiciona no Skype kitethehand . Ai vai foto da minha prancha.
Attachments
prancha1.jpg

eduardo graf
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Praia Rasa, Buzios, Brazil.
Style: Kitewave,
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Naish

Postby eduardo graf » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:29 pm

Vaaleu The Hand
Parabens pelos resultados, tenho acompanhado no kitemania. Obrigado pelas dicas, pelo que entendi o equipamento depende muito do tipo de prova. Vao fazer uma regata aqui em Buzios mais ainda nao sei como sera o percurso, de qualquer forma para mim é apenas uma diversao mas como nimguem gosta de fazer feio estou me informando....
Um abraco
Eduardo

Plastimo
Medium Poster

Postby Plastimo » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:36 pm

Can Raceboards be rode strapless?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:44 am

in very flat water yes...ptherwise with little chop and waves you will not be able to ride fast enough and loose the board if you try.

Plastimo
Medium Poster

Postby Plastimo » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:34 am

Thanks for the reply Toby, would only be looking at riding the board strapless for about a month as I recover from my ACL surgery. As I dont live by the ocean a surf board isn't much good after I heal but a race board would still be fun, Do you think you would go up wind strapless if you weren't trying to go for speed and had a smaller kite?

GeeK
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Banna Beach, Co kerry. Ireland.
Style: Old School
Gear: North Kites
Nobile Boards
Brand Affiliation: Own a shop in ireland.
North, Nobile, Mystic

Postby GeeK » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:00 pm

Plastimo,
You'd be amazed at how far upwind you can go with the right board.
You dont need to be going fast and you dont even need tons of power in your kite.
I too have bad knees especially my left, and I can hammer upwind by feathering the kite(a Rebel) and keeping it close to the edge of the window.
Sitting more upright on the board(a North Race LTD) and allowing the fins to do the work for you will give you the results you want, even on a large twin tip with 60mm fins or bigger.......but thats no fun strapless.
Be careful going down wind strapless, you will leave the board behind quite regularly and having a smaller kite means you'll need to work it a good bit off the wind, causing a lot of movement on the board.
It's all good though, get out there and do it.
Enjoy.

GK.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:45 pm

yeah, I don't see a problem in going upwind strapless. In chopier wter it will e trickier, but flatter or going slower should boost you upwind with those boards.

But not good for waves, won't turn good.

Return to “Kitesurfing”