Favorite Beaches: EL yaque, Coche in Margarita and Progreso in México
Style: Wakestyle-Freestyle
Gear: Naish Torch10 2008
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Vegas 09 Feels Like a Bow?

Postby Wakeboarder » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:30 pm

Hey guys there are a few Vegas 09 around here and I heard a lot of crazy shits about it, I heard that sucks on gusty winds, i heard that the 10 mts fly with 12 knows pulling a 130 kgs kiter!!, some one tould me that fells kind of bow!, COULD ANY ONE MAKE A SERIOUS REVIEW, AND TELL ABOUT THE MAYOR CHANGES WITH THE 08

THANKS GUYS!! GOOD WINDS TO EVERY BODY

switch313
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: none i travel.
Favorite Beaches: el medano, sotovento, pounta beach greece, , portland uk, some dominican spots, anywhere flat
Style: wakestyle, power,big air sometimes
Gear: c kites
Brand Affiliation: not really

Re: Vegas 09 Feels Like a Bow?

Postby switch313 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:30 am

yeah it feels like a bow, and they have made it so there isnt total depower when you push the bar away so if your riding powered its uncomfortable and you have to ride with your arse sticking out(what was worng with the stopper) its a wierd kite, really....i dont like it its got not so much feeling or feedback, i think the reason is north put there 'V' in the line way too high before (when it was the best kite on the market) it had a really deep v where the 5th line comes out...maybe the kooks complained because this was innificcent or something. apperently shorter lines help but i was super dissapointed when i tried it...

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Tried the V9, and the fuel/Torch 09.. If you call the the V9 a bow, you are either a basher, or dont know shit.

Fine kite, and one that i would recommend to any freestyler looking a good performimg C kite.

switch313
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: none i travel.
Favorite Beaches: el medano, sotovento, pounta beach greece, , portland uk, some dominican spots, anywhere flat
Style: wakestyle, power,big air sometimes
Gear: c kites
Brand Affiliation: not really

Postby switch313 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:21 pm

no im not a basher and ive been riding since 2002 ....it has that wierd feeling that the new kites have, but thats just me, im sure i will start hauding 2007/8 kites im the next few years for the future when all kites have the 'new and improved' technology along with the wierd flying charichteristics- im sure it is a good kite if you have the patience to get used to it or with a 5th element bar from 07/8

RDM
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby RDM » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:58 pm

PKPC08 wrote:yeah it feels like a bow, and they have made it so there isnt total depower when you push the bar away so if your riding powered its uncomfortable and you have to ride with your arse sticking out(what was worng with the stopper) its a wierd kite
huh.... :o

Its a Vegas so It`ll NEVER de-power like a bow when you push the bar out, riding powered is superb on the vegas, whats wrong with you, keep the kite low and dig your rail in HARDER, none of that sticking your butt out rubbish, that style should be dead and buried long ago if you`ve been kiting since 02.....

Return to “Reviews”