All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ruben Len10's Kites Stolen!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:24 pm 
Medium Poster

Quote:
Rumors were circulating that Ruben Len10's kite gear had been stolen from the back of his car., this has now been confirmed. Ruben's kites are all custom, marked with "Len10" on them. They thieves managed to steal Ruben's 5m, 6m, 7m, 9m, 11m, 13m Fuels, two boards, three bars, onboard camera and a number of other items......

Read Full Article: Ruben Len10's Kites Stolen!

------------

Clearly these guys are complete idiots, they have stolen kites from one of the most popular kiteboarders in the world, if not the most popular. Added to that they are custom kites, so their stupidity to steal them borders on comical!

Perhaps we will now see the introduction of a black market of valuable and rare kites? :jump:

Regards,

.Joel

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Ruben Len10's Kites Stolen!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:54 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Ah HAH! It sucks about the caper, but we will finally get an answer to the old question,
"Is it the rider or the gear?"

If some noob shows up at your beach and is pulling massive kiteloops 60+ feet in the air, take a close look at the kites! If they say Len10 on them and the kid doesn't speak Dutch, we have our answer!!! :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:47 pm 
Frequent Poster

i bet some keeno rich dude will but them on the 'black market' and do rude things to them.......

hey lenten will get given new kites and shit anyway, its more concerning when this happens to a normal person who is allready broke because they are still paying for them

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:53 pm 
Frequent Poster

Eh, man that's ridiculous!

Once somebody stole my 14m late during an evening in Esbjerg, Denmark, while I was kiting.

I had 2 news papers make articles with a similar slogan as "killing machine stolen" and the kite was found by a news paper delivery who gave it back at the local police station, and then I got it back. It took about 10 days.

But this sound like a planned robbery... maybe those guys want to kite on Mars... :roll: :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:54 am 
Very Frequent Poster

any updated on his gear?

[ 5 posts ]