Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

So what kite to buy, too many options?

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Beadnell Drew
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Beadnell Bay, Northumberland
Favorite Beaches: Beadnell Bay, Budle Bay, Tiaba, Jeri,
Style: Freeride
Gear: Slingshot Rev and Best HP (still cant make my mind up)
Nobile 666
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

So what kite to buy, too many options?

Postby Beadnell Drew » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:06 am

Just new to the sport but fully hook! After a great season of kiting in the North East and then 3 weeks in Brazil from Cumbuco to Jeri and back I am thinking of changing my kit after seeing the variety on the market. But what to get? I really cant decide. Travelling and kiting in Brazil opened my eyes to an industry full of innovation and diversity. There is so much to chose from but not the chance to try it all and when your buying 3 new kites you need to get it right! Cos it aint cheap, especially with todays climate. Thank god we arent having a recession with the wind tho! I need a kite that will ride waves, gusty North East conditions and then travel to Brazil for 3 weeks a year and ride lagoons be unhooked and do downwinders so what do I buy? Your feedback and comments would be most appreciated

dannyalvarez
Frequent Poster

Re: So what kite to buy, too many options?

Postby dannyalvarez » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:30 am

Here you go the perfect quiver for you>>>>> http://www.wainmanhawaii.com/node/23
everything you need is included(repair, xtra pigtails..etc.....) :jump: :jump:

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:57 am

Beadnell Drew wrote:Just new to the sport but fully hook! After a great season of kiting in the North East and then 3 weeks in Brazil from Cumbuco to Jeri and back I am thinking of changing my kit after seeing the variety on the market. But what to get? I really cant decide. Travelling and kiting in Brazil opened my eyes to an industry full of innovation and diversity. There is so much to chose from but not the chance to try it all and when your buying 3 new kites you need to get it right! Cos it aint cheap, especially with todays climate. Thank god we arent having a recession with the wind tho! I need a kite that will ride waves, gusty North East conditions and then travel to Brazil for 3 weeks a year and ride lagoons be unhooked and do downwinders so what do I buy? Your feedback and comments would be most appreciated
Buy a Helix2-Rev2-SB4, will fit your level for a few years.. All kites that works nice allround, and still powerfull and fun.

Beadnell Drew
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Beadnell Bay, Northumberland
Favorite Beaches: Beadnell Bay, Budle Bay, Tiaba, Jeri,
Style: Freeride
Gear: Slingshot Rev and Best HP (still cant make my mind up)
Nobile 666

Postby Beadnell Drew » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:43 pm

Thanks...so I have actually heard and read a bit about the wainman. Saw a few on the water in Brazil. Do you use Wainman? If so what are the advantages of this kite?

schmoe
Very Frequent Poster

Postby schmoe » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:04 pm

Last year North kite overstocks are sold for crazy bargains. Too hard to pass on those deals. I passed on the deals since 5 lines is not an option for me. I am guessing many people feel the same, since other companies do not have those massive amounts of overstocks from last year. Maybe someone at north will finally "get it".

doc
Frequent Poster

Postby doc » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:23 pm

great deals on royal solos here in the uk.
nice smooth kite that soaks up the gusts and behaves when unhooked.

Return to “Reviews”