Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

3rd Jupiter to Ft. Lauderdale Race

Postby Toby » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:31 pm

Hi All,

its that time again, The Jupiter to Ft. Lauderdale race 3rd annual is on!

We are running it a couple of months later this year due to conflicts with other events but we should have plenty of wind and time to pull it off.

Check out www.xratedkiteboarding.com/xtreme to register, after registering please be sure to fill out the waiver and fax it back to me at 954-524-1103.

This year we really want to make sure that people stay out of all swim areas, I need your help on this and how to regulate it fairly, any ideas will be greatly appreciated and I am open to them all.

Remember to keep on getting updates you must register with all your info, the last time to pay will be just at the opening party.

Opening party Sat. March 13th
First possible start date March 14th
Entrance fee is $50 cash only

Waiting period March 14th - April 26th 2009 or unless otherwise posted.

Hope to see you all again this year.

Cheers Neil

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: 3rd Jupiter to Ft. Lauderdale Race

Postby Toby » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:51 pm

Update from Neil:

Hi all,

Due to the fact that the Islamorada Invitational and the finals of the CKA are scheduled for the first possible weekend for the race we are postponing the opening party and the first possible weekend until Thursday March 19th for the opening party and Saturday March 21st for the first possible race day. Once again we will shoot for any of the first three weekends and if the wind does not co operate for them we will then switch to the first available day.

As for the rule about riding in the swim areas, this is how it is going to work, there will be a race committee formed of 3 people, including myself. During the race if a lifeguard hut or stand is present all riders must immediately ride off shore beyond all swim area buoys 200 yards off shore. If anyone failing to do this they can be reported to the race committee by another rider if that rider has a witness to what they both saw the rider breaking the rules will be disqualified immediately. Therefor it takes 2 riders to visually spot another rider riding within a swim area, so if you see a lifeguard head out! That's the rule and I want it "black and white" this year with no exceptions. If anyone wants more details on this or has any questions please let me know.

Also there is a miss print on the waiver, the correct fax # is 954-524-1103. Lets get this going.
Hope to see you tomorrow at the Miami Kitemasters, then the Islamorada Invitational, CKA Finals then the opening party to the race.

Cheers Neil

Return to “Kitesurfing”